Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with the Walkers this year.  
It was small and simple, but delicious as always.
So simple- I forgot my camera. 
The holiday consisted of JaNae and her family, my parents, and my little family at my parents house.
 My mom and JaNae made rolls, stuffing, yams, potatoes, corn, and the most delicious fruit salad I've had in a long time.  I brought gluten free stuffing, a gluten free pumpkin trifle and green salad.  
Steve smoked the turkey.  
I should have taken pictures as all the food was beautiful, especially the turkey.  Steve brined it the night before in a lemon, salt and sugar brine complete with cloves and cinnamon sticks, and then smoked it Thursday morning.  It was the best turkey I have ever eaten...Steve is charge of the turkey every year from now on. 
I have eaten more in the last two days than I have in a long time.  Oh how I love Thanksgiving food.  It is my favorite. 
Colby ate rolls.  Typical Colby.  One day I hope realizes what he is missing!

Steve has spent most of his "free" time this weekend working on the new office.  He and his dad moved most everything Wednesday and then they and their office staff have worked on organizing everything today and will be working tomorrow too.  Steve saw his first patients, JaNae and her family, today for cleanings and checkups.  I forgot to ask her if the chairs were comfy...they are so much nicer than the ones at the old office.  I'm praying everything goes smoothly Monday for him.  

Today in honor of Black Friday, I stayed home and did laundry.   It was the perfect way to stay away from the dreaded crowds.  But tonight my sister was feeling up to going out, so we went out with our mom to TJ Maxx.  I know...exciting.  I went looking for new sheets, I have two sets both with holes in them, but came home with a new sweater and silver earrings.  I do love that store.
  
Tomorrow while Steve is working at the the office, I'm planning on putting up my front room Christmas tree...that and eating more leftovers.  I perfected gluten free stuffing that I'm enjoying more than I should.  I also perfected a gluten free pumpkin pie with gingerbread crust.  I think I might have to make another one tomorrow and enjoy it more than I should too.

Lastly, I'm feeling this baby and his/her acrobatics more and more.  Last night while watching a movie in bed, Steve was able to feel him/her kick.  I can't believe this is happening so fast sometimes and I can't believe how fast my stomach is growing.  Oh man...I'm going to be huge by the time this is over!  Steve and I have stewed over names for this baby and I thought my mind was settled for both boy and girl names.  Crazy enough, the little boy name I was dead set on NOT naming my baby is starting to grow on me.  I can picture a little Dixon boy running around with this name, and it makes me smile.  My ultrasound is on Thursday.  I can't wait to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment