Thursday, April 21, 2016

Eagle Project, Landscaping and random pictures from the past few weeks or so

Andrew's been busy working on his Eagle Project for the past few weeks.  He's been collecting supplies and donations for dental hygiene kits for a service mission to Guatemala.  He's collected toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, floss, kids sandals and kids clothing.
This picture is only a small amount of what he's collected.  Don't let that grumpy face fool you, Andrew is pretty excited about getting this finished...as am I.

Andrew had 3 scout friends over Tuesday night to put the kits together.

 They were able to complete 333 kits.
All the donations he's collected go to my friend Susan's house tomorrow...thank goodness.  The pile of stuff is taking over my dining room.

 The main reason I haven't written anything down in the past two weeks is because we have been slaving in our yard.
15 yards of compost was delivered to our home a few weeks ago.  We spent hours the next two days moving this poo pile and spreading it all over our property.  The kids were troopers and there was minimal yelling from me.  (ok...maybe not minimal) The kids and I finished most of the compost moving and spreading as Steve worked that Saturday morning.  He was proud of us when he got home as most of the job was finished.




Saturday afternoon, Steve worked all that nasty stuff into the soil.  I was inside clean thank goodness.
 
The next step in Operation Dixon Yard was the flowerbeds...aka the fun part.
We purchased bags and bags of potting soil to add to the compost we already added, and then I went shopping for plants. 

This is totally the fun part!

 By the next weekend, I had most of the flowerbeds in and have been hand watering them as our water pressurised irrigation has not been turned on nor our sprinklers officially finished.  (The guys were supposed to be here this morning, but they canceled until tomorrow.  Oh Brother.)


The kids have taken turns going to the flower nurseries with me and have tried to swindle me into buying various non-plant items.   Snert the dog was the most sneaky of the hopeful purchases.

 I can't say how much I love spring and flowers.

 I think my kids found their happy place at the nurseries too.
Moss Greenhouse was their favorite and kept them entertained as I shopped.

 This most recent Saturday, Grady fell while running with a large C clamp in is hands while in a store with Steve.  I honestly thought his thumb was broken  Steve X-rayed it at the office and couldn't find anything that looked suspicious.  We are just watching it closely.  The thumb is turning different shades of purple and yellow and Grady is still favoring it.  

This picture doesn't do it justice as Grady's palm is dark purple and bruised.  Poor little kid.

Um...my boys need haircuts.  Bad. 

Favorite gift of 2016 were these beautiful eggs from my friend Judy.  

Colby had his recorder concert last week.  This is the best picture I got of Colby.
 
Grady "loved the concert" as you can see.

I had to include pictures of Andrew's speech while running for Junior class Treasurer.
His friends are pretty hilarious.
 Donald, Ted, Bernie and Hillary did a fantastic job.


Grady got a loved strider bike from a friend.
It's the best and he loves it.

I have to include this picture just because Saylor and Gradys' beds never look this nice...only when I change their sheets.  I thought I'd take a picture and prove their beds are made every so often.


Teenage boys find weird places to rest.
...love the pink socks Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment