Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Family Home Evening


Forgot to add this picture on my last post...Andrew has his driving permit.  He will drive with an adult for the next 6 months and then will be eligible for his licence.  Wahoo!  I'm excited for him to drive himself to his own events.  He has clocked in two hours of driving time in the last two days and I've only had to correct him once.  He's doing a great job.

 Ok...now to FHE.
We took the kids down to Derkie's lake Monday night to hike the loop.  Steve has some shoes he needed to break in for his scouting trips later this summer. 
The weather was cool-ish and the kids did great.

Andrew needed this shot for his Instagram...his hair was cooperating.  (wink wink)

Colby wanted pictures at every large rock he could find.

The kids explored and enjoyed the beauty of our Idaho home.
To my pleasant surprise, there was minimal arguing.  Physical exertion brings out the best in my children. 






I think we will have to make family hikes more of a priority these days. 

 We live in such a beautiful place.

Grady did great until the very end.  His little body was all worn out and therefore sleeping on Steve's head seemed reasonable...but he did complain about his hands getting wet from Steve's sweat.  I laughed pretty hard - beggars can't be choosers Grady1

I love this family of mine!

After our hike, we drove down to Shoshone Falls and then splurged on blizzards and fries at Dairy Queen. 
I think this FHE might have to be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment