After church today, we had Steve's deacons over for a taco break-the-fast lunch. It was a humbling experience to kneel down with eight 12 and 13 year old boys for prayer to break their fast. These are good boys. However, I can't believe how much food they put down in thirty minutes. They finished off three and a half pounds of taco meat and close to four dozen cookies. My eyes were opened to what my future will be like with three hungry older boys. I think my days of reasonable food bills will be short lived.
School was off Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately it was freezing outside so the boys were inside with me most of the time. (I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. I'm I bad for admitting this?)
Here are a few pictures that show what caliber of weekend we have had.
Reason #424 why my windows are dirty.
Little do they know, we will be having a window washing party as soon as it warms up a little. This includes cleaning out the basement window wells. Mess Pot #1 and Mess Pot #2 get the privilege of climbing down into the wells to clean out the winter garbage.
Being a mom sometimes can be really satisfying.
And...yes, that is an outhouse in the background. It's for the men who are finishing the house next door. I'm not sure what is worse, seeing them exit and enter the outhouse...or the full moons I have received when a choice few of them bend over to work on the future driveway. I might ask Steve if I can borrow his New Moon knitting needles.
This is what happens when an almost four year old chooses to starve himself.
He can still fit in a baby toy.
I wonder if he will mind me using this in his wedding video.
Just a glimpse of what happens when I cook vegetables.
I tried to take pictures before church this morning. (The fact I had time to even try was a miracle. I'm usually running around chicken like at 8:45...not calm enough to take pictures.)
This was the best shot I got.
Tragic.
The following pictures sum up the rest of the shoot.
I love my children...really I do.
If this is what I have to look forward to with my boys, I'm sending them back! At least they're dressed with their hair done. That's better than lots of other people at church. Miss you guys. Enjoy the full moons for me!
ReplyDeleteEveryone has grown up beautifully! Love seeing the pictures and we miss you all!! Hope all is well! Please email me so that we can catch up!
ReplyDeletekfaluvsobx@gmail.com
Take Care,
Karyn
Hey Like your be's in the background. Oh yeah and your kids are so cute!
ReplyDelete