Happy Birthday Colby!!!!
My littlest man is four today.
(Good thing the time I spend on my children's cakes is not directly proportional to how much I love them. The more birthdays my children have, the more ghetto their cakes get. I'm hanging my head in shame here. I'm grateful Colby is young enough to still think cars and trucks stuck on cupcakes is cool.)
As his birthday was on Sunday this year, we started celebrating yesterday. Steve took Colby and his brothers to a movie yesterday afternoon and then as requested, we had Costco pizza for dinner. Add a root beer to drink, and this almost four year old was on cloud nine.
(Take a good hard look at this picture. Colby eating doesn't happen all that often.)
He received new trucks, a broom and dustpan (he picked it out himself -so no dirty looks my way please), and new clothes...but enjoyed himself the most in this box of packing peanuts. I need to remember this next year and just get him the box of packing peanuts.
Colby, I adore you and am so happy you are four. With you in my life, every day is fun, crazy and never dull. Here are a few things about you at age four.
-You still say "smushsnash" instead of mustache. Could you be any cuter?
-You want two songs sung to you every night and they are always "Popcorn Popping" and "Colby I Love You." I'm happy to fulfill this request.
-You are stubborn, oh so stubborn...and your deep dark eyes usually get you your way. I'm a sucker for those eyes.
-I'm amazed you've only had one broken bone in your little life. You jump off our furniture like a possessed half kangaroo half monkey child.
-You are a fabulous helper around the house. You are always willing to help me pick up and you love taking care of your little sister. Nobody can lay out diaper changing supplies like you!
-You have become an expert at sneaking drinks of your mother's soda. I will have to keep your master thief skills in check. Sneaky sneaky.
-Your favorite foods are vanilla yogurt, white rice, cheesy chips, toast and pizza. I'm afraid you are going to die of malnourishment most days. I'm grateful you will eat your vitamins.
-You give the best hugs and smooshy kisses. I will miss them when you are too old for that to be cool.
-Your favorite clothes are your 2T pants and old worn out shirts. However...you are finally too big for your 2T pants and they will be ending up in a undisclosed location soon. Please don't be mad.
-When you get ready to run from room to room, you wind your arms up behind you like only a cartoon character would. Wound up arms always make you faster.
-You are have always been and will always be my daily Christmas present. I love it when you wake up! I sometimes think the sun rises just to see your first morning smile. It's priceless...as are you.
Sweet Colby!! I've only known him for 3 months and I think he is so sweet and the cutest thing ever! Happy Birthday Colby!!
ReplyDelete