9:00 am: Yelled at my kids to get in the car and threatened to give their DS systems to the DI. (Some parent is going to find a real score for Christmas at my children's expense.) 2 hours and 15 minutes is NOT enough time.
11:30 am: Threw in the towel and came home early so Saylor could sleep. Spending an hour in the foyer during sacrament meeting with a screaming baby is so much fun. Lately I liken her to a greased pig. She is wiggly, squealy and can throw her arms in the air at such and angle that she will slip right out of my hands. ( Her hillbilly single front tooth just adds to the entire WT- pig chase analogy. She's looking pretty Billy-Bob. I can't wait for that second tooth to cut.)
1:00 pm: Threatened my children with dismemberment if they woke me up from my much needed nap. There is something sacred about a Sunday afternoon nap. As teenagers growing up my siblings and I were always in charge of Sunday dishes while my parents slept. We would joke that they were up to something...wink wink. As an adult, I fully realize they were just sleeping. Passed out is actually a better way to describe it.
3:45 pm: Feeling sick over the mass quantities of candy consumed after the Sunday afternoon pass out session.
4:00 pm: After wrestling with what to make for dinner, copted out and consented to fulfill the kids wildest dreams by letting them have cold cereal. I did however tell them they couldn't have soda with it. #2 child spent some time in the corner over this one. His "No Soda" tantrum was legendary.
4:30 pm: Make plans to deliver Christmas candy to friends and neighbors so, #1. I will stop eating the candy and #2. I can clear the bags off my counter. The clutter is driving me crazy.
As for the rest of the evening....hoping to spend some time with Steve's parents, get the kids in bed early and maybe watch a movie with my darling spouse. All of this is to mask thoughts of the upcoming week and it's responsibilities.
Addendum-
5:15 pm: Had a slight heart attack when Carter's blood sugar was over 450. HOLY HIGH BLOOD SUGAR BATMAN! Have no idea how that one happened, but now understand why he had the massive tantrum. Sorry about the shot in the arm and the infusion set prick in the rump little man.
6:30 pm: Biffed it on friend's icy front step. Had flash backs from Ricks college.
7:30 pm: Had wonderful time at Steve's parents. Love that family.
8:30 pm: Made my eldest son walk barefoot in the snow out to the car because he chose to fill Carter's shoes with snow as a joke. Carter wore Andrew's shoes to the car while Andrew carried Carter's. I am a mean mean mom.
11:00 pm: Wondering why in the world I am not in bed instead of writing this post and watching Harry Potter 5 at the same time.
I do love the Dixons. This is an exact replica of what goes on at my house every Sunday. Although, I get up at 6:45am to get to church by 8. I figure I'm going to be late anyway, why get up any earlier. By the way, you just delivered your "Christmas treat" to my house (You're welcome for the pizza box and dirty diaper on my front porch waiting to be taken to the trash :) and Cody and I have already finished them off and can't stop talking about how good they were. You are the best! (if you have any more lingering clutter on your counter that you're dying to get rid of, please drop it off at my house. Excellent job on the goodies! You might need to give me a lesson or two.
ReplyDeleteYou guys rock!! Your day is why I have been SO absent from church lately! I just cant handle it! I'm already on the edge and lose it a little every single day! I would have to be escorted out of church if I attempted it with Dylan! He's a nightmare! I'm holding off on making my goodies cause I'm afraid I will eat them before I make the goody plates...hence why I haven't made them yet!!
ReplyDelete