Sunday, December 19, 2010

tidbits

Non-verbal communication:

I usually have a good attitude about my husband's calling.  Being the ward clerk has tied up most of his Sundays, and now that tithing settlement is in full swing, twelve hours of him being gone is not uncommon.  I try to remember that I'm not the only woman in the world that is alone on Sunday- all Sunday.  Today however, my eyes flashed to the clock all afternoon in hopes that my husband would be home at a decent hour.  He walked through the door around 5 pm and asked if it was alright if he went to the Stake Mens Choir practice.  It think the full out thrashing on the floor-feet kicking-arms pounding by yours truly painted the perfect picture of how I felt.  A temper tantrum is worth a thousand words.

Reverse Psychology:

Our kids were not pleased with dinner tonight- what else in new?  As they gagged down their fried rice, (heaven forbid I feed them vegetables) I asked them what they thought were the most disgusting meals I have ever served.  Andrew could read my mind and smartly tried to pull one over on me.  He wickedly smiled and replied, "Pizza Mom.  Your pizza is disgusting!"   ...don't throw me in the brier patch, Brare Fox, don't throw me int he brier patch!


Fulfilment:

I think all my hopes and dreams in life have come true.  Tonight, Saylor picked up her baby doll out of it's stroller, promptly kissed it on the face, and put it back.  I think I could die from the overload of cuteness.

Exclusion:

While cleaning up after dinner, Steve and Carter simultaneously let out what could only be described as dueling belches.  Burps would not quite cover what came out of their mouths.  I looked at them both in disgust and Steve retorted, "Hey...you can't get mad, were not at the dinner table anymore."  Silly me for thinking otherwise.


Inappropriateness:

We drove around with the kids tonight and looked at Christmas lights.  We made a game out of it and counted lighted reindeer in people yards.  We counted 47.  Steve and I discussed how we love to have these reindeer in our yard at Christmas time, but we never could due to the fact that we would most likely put them in "compromising positions."  We have for years wanted to do that to someone else's lawn deer, but didn't want to be arrested for destruction of property and/or lewd behavior.


Expectations:

I have been hinting for weeks now about what I want for Christmas.  Granted, all my holiday wishes have already come true...ie the table and other things I won't admit purchasing.   However, I read recently that men, generally speaking, want woman to tell them what they really want.  So Steve, this is for you.  I really want presents.  Good ones.  Fabulously wrapped presents under the tree that I can open Christmas morning.  And to help you out here is my list, Santa Baby.

1.  Ann Taylor Loft, Striped Lounge Pant Sleep Set, size small.  As of today they were 40% off.

2.  Dillard's, Nurture "Danah" Boot, brown, size 8 1/2.
                                  or
                   Nurture "Drake" Pump, red, size 8 1/2.
                                  or
                   Nurture "Gem" Loafer, tan, size 8 1/2.
                                  or
                   All Three

3.  Pottery Barn Kids, Star Wars Flannel Sheets, Twin, three sets please.  (this is for the boys...I'm being   unselfish here)

4.  Gold- dangle, but not goddy, earrings with matching bracelets- bangle like, but please remember I need ones that clasp open and close or that are stretchy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know about those tantrums thrown when your gone-all-the-time husband wants to go away YET AGAIN. I'm afraid I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so hilarious! I loved it all and dont even know where to start! Ok I will start with Say Say's hair! She must have taken a tip from your WT neighbor when she was here the other day! love it! Your boys? Enough said! I think they are fantastic and would love to be a fly on your wall for one day just to see and hear all the funny things they say and do! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete