Tuesday night Andrew received his Arrow of Light award for cub scouts. He has worked really hard for this award, as have his scout leaders.
(As has my mother because she is the one who sewed on all his patches and awards.)
Here is our family posing proudly with Andrew. Part of the ceremony was painting Andrew, Steve and I with the scout colors. Saylor got a little paint too.
The award ceremony was topped off with Andrew being able to shoot a flaming marshmallow.
He did well and nobody was burned by the flaming mallow.
But Say did want to eat it.
Andrew also left his hand print for all cub scout posterity to see.
Lastly, as this was his final pack meeting in cub scouts, he participated in the Cross Over Ceremony to welcome him officially into Boy Scouts. He is excited to move to bigger and more dangerous adventures with the older "more mature" 11 year old boys.
He's ready and excited...doesn't his face show it?
Steve and I are very grateful for his past and present scout leaders. They have been great..
and really fun.
This step is just one more piece of evidence that Andrew is growing up fast...but not too fast.
For instance-
Yesterday Andrew came and told me about a new Star Wars Lego set that he wants to save up for.
It is $70. He was really excited that it came with Darth Maul.
He has it all planned out with upcoming birthday money and chores and is hoping to purchase it in the next few weeks. I reminded him that last week he wanted to save up for a refurbished I-pod. "Which one do you want more?", I asked.
He thought for a while and then adamantly answered, "Darth Maul is way more important."
...can I just say how happy it makes me that my eldest son still thinks that Legos are more important than electronic devices? I realize this fact will not last long, so I am going to revel in it.
Wow Jill face paint looks great on you!! I knew you and Steve used body paint,but this is a whole new thing! Lol
ReplyDelete