Just like the pictures taken by my I phone, my brain is very fuzzy; and just like my I phone, my memory is full and needs to be dumped.
I'm killing two birds with one stone here.
This jewel was taken as I tried to sleep on what is known as the "laying down spot" on our basement couch. I'm trying to keep in perceptive that I'm loved...especially when I'm trying to rest. There is no rest for the wicked around our house. That could actually be the theme for this summer...
"Summer 2011- No Rest for The Wicked"
(I should print up T-shirts.)
No really, summer is half over and I can't believe how busy we have been. Now trust me, I'm doing the minimal I possibly can, but I still feel like I am running everyday. (figuratively running- I'm not exercising.)
But to document how busy I feel, here are a few things the Dixon family has been up to written in a vomit like manner...I figure I'll feel better if I just get it up and out all at once:
Andrew is still swimming four times a week, but his lazy parents haven't taken him to one meet. We bite, I know. He has also started Gadget Camp and goes to CSI two times a week for a month. He told me last week that a few of the boys in the class were pretty weird. Get used to it Andrew, most gadgety people are.
Carter and Colby start their second round of swimming lessons tomorrow. They love it but I don't love sitting in the heat. The massive Sonic beverage I'll pick up on the way home will make up for it.
Steve is still working hard because I'm still spending his money and his children keep feeling the need to eat.
We have travelled to Salt Lake, Boise and Idaho Falls way too many times to count in the last month.
(some of the reasons we have gone I will not even admit to)
At least four batches of homemade ice cream have been made and consumed in the last month.
(how much by me will not be admitted to either)
My garden is producing delicious peas and I will have zucchini coming out of my ears in the next week. I have promised to fill our freezer with zucchini bread for Steve and Andrew...but without chocolate chips, those things are expensive. (I've got to pay for my shoe fetish somehow.)
We are all excited for corn, potatoes and carrots. I am the only one excited for the green beans and tomatoes.
My sister JaNae now lives in Boise and is the main reason I have gone so many times. I will hopefully be going again this weekend. The fact that Cheesecake factory and Ann Taylor are also there is just an added bonus.
Our lawn needs to be mowed. I apologize to our neighbors.
My friend Megan and I took our 11 and almost 11 year old boys to see the Bodies exhibit this last week in Idaho Falls. I loved it. Andrew confessed he thought it was gross. "Mom, those are real bodies on display and everyone can look at them!" That was the point Andrew. So much for educating young minds. He at least enjoyed the Kiwi Loco in Pocatello on the way home.
Colby asked me the other day if his "tentacles controlled him." I informed him he didn't have tentacles. He informed me otherwise by pointing to his "tentacles." I ended the conversation by stating to my five year old that his BRAIN controls him. I also told him that an octopus has tentacles, and that what he has are entirely different. (please...someone kill me.)
Carter is growing up way too fast. I'm amazed at how much he is changing. In addition to his sweet tan, the boy's face is thinning out and he is losing his little boy look. Steve even mentioned his arm muscles to me the other night. He is a lean mean almost second grade machine. I'm glad that his one front tooth is still waiting to come in. I think it keeps him looking young to be toothless.
On one of my many Boise trips, my mom and I stopped in at RC Willey.
If...I had all the money in the world, I would refurnish my basement family room (among other things).
A much larger flat screen would hang on the wall above this.
My feet would rest on this.
And I would be sitting on this couch.
But I don't have all the money in the world, so this stuff I'm guessing is still at RC Willey.
My children too dream of different furniture.
This couch was at Costco last week. The selling point for the boys was THREE laying down spots.
Here they are demonstrating what they would do if I bought this couch. Sure...you would all lay quietly and never wrestle or jump around on this massive bed of a couch.
This couch is very similar to the couch Steve had in his basement when we were dating.
Because of personal experience, we are NOT buying this. Trust me, it would just cause trouble for teenage boys.
The largest Idaho dust devil I have ever seen.
(Random, I know)
Now I am not one to post naked pictures of my children, but this had to be documented.
Last week Colby broke out in hives from the top of his head down to his ankles. We have no idea what caused them. The ones one his back and stomach are not as noticeable because of his tan. He was miserable itchy and hot. The only upside to hives? The Benadryl. He was sleepy for the next twenty four hours- it was nice break. (I'm awful)
However, I pray whatever caused the hives doesn't happen again. I worry about the next reaction being even worse.
Miss you guys tons! I'm glad that your sis got moved to Boise ok and that you now have a reason to go all the time! Too bad I'm still not there do you know how many miles we could put on our cars taking turns for day trips! It would've been amazing! So Costco here has the same couch! So since we are in our 1 yr. of our couch we got from there we may go get this one! Send your boys here to help us break it in! We would LOVE to have them! Miss you to pieces and hope you guys are well! Miss Steve mowing/running in his khaki's too! Loves!
ReplyDelete