Monday, November 19, 2012

birthdays, new office and bathroom woes

Our Saylor girl turned the ripe old age of three yesterday.
I had way too many church meetings Sunday night, so we celebrated with dinner and cupcakes Saturday evening.
Little Miss was excited to be three, even though she said holding up her fingers hurt way too much.

She was a pro at blowing out her candles and opened presents like a kid with experience.  (Sadly, we are raising greedy kids!)

Steve's mom was out of town, but his Dad came to help celebrate and brought Saylor the most darling music box.  She has played with it non-stop since Saturday night.
I've even had to glue a few pieces back together it has been so loved!

My parents came too and added to Saylors growing collection of Disney Princess Little People.
(more on that obsession later)

We love our Saylor Girl and can't believe she is growing up so fast.
I think she went from being a toddler to a big girl overnight.
She talks with the vocabulary and reasoning of her brothers and is lately testing my authority.  Good think she is so darn adorable...or I might lose my mind.

My favorite thing Saylor says lately involves her Hello Kitty chapstick case.  She loves it and carries it around and talks about it constantly.  Unfortunately, she can't pronounce her "K"s very well and they come out like "T"s.  This provides some pretty entertaining moments when she asks, talks about and describes her "Titty Chapstick".
Slightly risque, but really really hilarious.



The new home of Sawtooth Dental is almost finished, and we will be moving in this week and seeing patients next Monday.
The office turned out beautiful and we couldn't be happier with the results.
Steve cannot wait to be moved in and rolling at this location.

Here's a view of the reception area and waiting room.
Too bad the chairs we ordered might not be here for possibly four more weeks.  
Details Details...I hope this all works out.

A view of the exam hallway and pass-through cabinets from sterilization.

Same hall from other direction.
Steve did all the tile work on the t-walls behind the sinks.  Little does he know I now have plans for him to put in a back splash in my kitchen.  
(Insert maniacal laugh here.)

One of the exam rooms not quite put together yet.
The exam chair is not gold like this picture shows, but a dark taupe brown.   It all looks great in person.

This next week is going to be insane to say the least and I know I will not see Steve except for a few hours on Thanksgiving.  He's got a lot of work to move in and get things going at the new office.
It's been a fun (slightly stressful) process to go through, but overall the experience we had with our builders has been phenomenal.  Everything down to the smallest detail has been perfected.  This last week the landscaping went in along with finish work on the exterior of the building and parking lines on the pavement.   The equipment is getting the finishing touches this week and I'm praying everything is completed for patients on Monday.



Now more about Saylor...
I spoke too soon about the potty thing.
She has keeping dry down to a science, but keeping non-muddy is a different story.  
I've had to resort to dirty(no pun intended) tactics to motivate her to keep her pants clean.
Her prize possessions are her Princess Little People.  They are hers to own and love as long as her pants stay clean.  If not, they end up on display on the top of the fridge...where she can see them, but not touch them.  
For her birthday, she received the Princess Castle, a toy she has pined over for weeks.
Sadly, beyond sadly, the castle is currently joining it's princess inhabitants safely on our Frigidaire.
It's tragic, but true.
Sister Sis knows how to get them back, but doesn't seem to desire them quite enough.
I've now also taken away her second most favorite thing...Dora on netflix.
We'll see how long she is Princess and Dora free.  I'm hoping not long.
I'm not sure what I can take away next.





1 comment:

  1. She's three already?!! I think your sweet Saylor is SO darling and she really does look like a 'big girl' now:) The office is just BEAUTIFUL! That sounds like tons of fun. Are you guys going to find out if you're having a boy or a girl? I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete