Thursday, November 29, 2012

In King Henry the 8th's time, I would have been revered as a goddess.


I had my first ultrasound this afternoon.  
For some reason I was a ball of nerves all morning...and when I'm nervous I bake and I eat.
I was a little heavier on the second one today.  Oatmeal cookie dough was my anxiety drug of choice.  Why bake it when it's so much easier to eat it without heating up the oven first?
In fact, I've been nervous this entire pregnancy.  This is #5 and I'm 35.  
I've eaten a lot in the past 21 weeks.
I've been so scared something would be wrong with this baby.
(Steve thinks I'm bordering on crazy town.)
After my ultrasound I was relieved to know everything about this little one looks great.
This baby is healthy, active, and has the correct number of heart chambers, kidneys, fingers and toes. 
Thank goodness!

And...
 this baby comes with something extra.

 He is a boy!
Definitely a boy.

No really...he is a boy.  
As my mom texted me, "Even crossed legs don't cover that boy up!"

But enough of his parts.
Here is his little Dixon profile.
I can't believe the ultrasounds now- they are so much better than even three years ago.
I think this man looks like Colby.
Skinny.


His arm and leg all squished up.
Crazy- these pictures-I tell you!

In the office, I must admit I was shocked we were having another boy.  In my heart of hearts I felt we were going to get a sister for Saylor.  I had secretly planned their matching dresses, coordinating Christmas presents, and girly rooms months ago.   Looks like Saylor will indeed be the princess forever in our house.  So so glad she isn't the youngest.  I hope this baby boy throws her for a loop.  She needs a little humbling. 
I must need some humbling too.  How dare I try to "plan" my future.
Looks like I will be a mother of one girl and four boys.
Bring on the bugs, dirt, craziness, and bodily noises.


But really...who wouldn't want another boy when they come out looking like this?  
Adorable!




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, this is exciting! And those pictures are pretty cool and adorable! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how exciting!! Yes there's no doubt about it...Saylor remains one and only princess! Congrats on a healthy boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete