Yeah. Science Fair.
I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love what it stands for and I love the actual day of the science fair, but I dread all the work that leads up to it. It weighs on my being.
But…as of tonight at 7:30 pm-ish it will be over for another year, so I think I might survive and live to put another one together next year! (kill me now!)
Sunday afternoon we put together Colby's and Carter's boards. Colby was a trooper and helped the most of the time. Carter was a pre-teen and was moody for most of the process.
And speaking of moody…
Grady is showing some two year old colors as of late. He no longer is my happy companion wherever I go. He's a pill.
At the grocery store, the school, parking lots…and we won't even mention his behavior at church. Ok, maybe I will. He's awful and refuses to go to nursery. He cries the entire time and has been known to grab the nursery leaders face and yell "DADDY!"
He gets his point across verbally or with body language these days.
And the binki being taken away because his bite is open? That lasted all of four hours at the most.
I tried. He threw a fit. I gave in.
Score another one for Grady this time. Fifth children get away with a lot. (Ask my younger sister. Ha ha! Love ya Jo!)
We had parent teacher conferences this week. Carter's was Monday night. This picture was on the outside of Carter's classroom. We have a small joke between Carter and I about how he can't look at the camera. Those eyes always shift to the side. This picture was no different.
So we purposely recreated the shot.
I love how Carter is willing to not take himself too seriously.
He's a good sport.
Carter's conference went really well. Obviously science is this kids forte.
He's stellar in reading and language, but struggles with careless mistakes in math. You can't win them all Carter! He's going to work on his math grade and keep everything else up great like he already is. I appreciate his grasp on the importance of good grades.
Science Fair was yesterday and this is the only picture I took the entire day. I snuck a picture of Carter during judging.
I left the school at three from the fair and then picked up kids from my moms house, picked up Colby from violin and then headed back to the school for Colby's parent teacher conference.
This was his display close to his classroom.
(His teacher is not Mrs. Turpin, but Mrs. Sailors.)
I thought his art was worth taking a picture of.
(It's supposed to be one person, but actually looks like two people kissing. Steve and I have laughed about that one…figuring Colby is our lover-not fighter child. Maybe this is a foreshadowing of high school?)
Grady sizing out the desks.
Colby too rocked his parent teacher conference. He is reading at a 5th grade level (at least that what the one test said. I'm not sure if that's true, but he has improved a ton so happiness all around.) and getting A's in all his classes except Reading where he has "high" B. He made sure to tell me it was HIGH. Mrs. Sailors told me they have changed curriculum for reading and it is much harder than before. A HIGH B (so so funny) is apparently really good.
Colby has always been a good student but this year he is soaring. He doesn't always (ok..never) brings papers home that I am supposed to sign or see, but he is keeping up with his classes amazingly. I'm really proud of him.
This was Colby's board this year.
He was one of two third grade students who completed a project. He knew this project backwards and forwards. I won't tell you what place he received, but it was either first or second! (wink wink)
Behold Carter's project.
(Maybe if we purposely have Carter look away from the camera all his pictures will be this amazing?!)
He was crazy grumpy finishing up this project board Sunday afternoon and I think both of us are relieved this was his last year…halle-freak show-lujah.
Oh the pre-teen is coming out!
No comments:
Post a Comment