Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Mom Really is Amazing!

Last Monday morning I mentioned that Colby needed to dress up like a Jedi for his Blue and Gold scout banquet and that we didn't have anything for him to wear.  My amazing mother immediately volunteered to make Colby a new Jedi robe.  She had this thing whipped out in less that 24 hours.
The woman is a saint I tell you.
As you can tell by Colby's face, we was more than thrilled with his robe.

Best gratitude picture ever!!

Can't you just see the force coming out of this kid?

Steve had a small part to play at the banquet and wore the Jedi robe my mom made for him years ago.  It's quite the fantastic costume.  Saylor fit perfectly in the robe that originally was made for Andrew 10 years ago,  (sniff sniff)  and Carter wore his star wars t-shirt along with a black cape and best sith face.
The night was "AWESOME" if I quoted Colby and this kids had a fantastic time celebrating scouts and fighting the dark side.


Other pictures of randomness from the past week or so include: 
Andrew braided Saylor's hair one night.   He sectioned her hair off in three pieces, braided those and then braided them together.  Saylor asked if he would please braid her hair everyday.  Andrew just begged me not to post this picture on Instagram.


Saylor face is priceless in this picture.  We figured if a yellow banana was healthy for breakfast, than a yellow sugar cookie must be too.  Long live the Dixon tradition of junk food for breakfast!

This was taken two weeks ago on a Sunday morning.
The kids were blindly watching tv while I ironed shirts.  Nobody fought or argued for almost 30 minutes.  I think Netflix deserves a medal for that one!


Steve and I found our new favorite date night restaurant.
Its the new hole in the wall Mexican place on Falls just down from the Turf Club.  The food is delicious and on a Friday night it wasn't crowded at all.  It's my kind of place.
Steve and I sat for over an hour talking about selling our house and what will come after it sells.
Yes…my house is on the market again and I DESPISE IT!!!!!   We've had two showings so far and I'm always mad afterward.  I clean my rear end off and then the feedback we get goes something like this, "The house was great, but was too big for just my mother and I.  We don't need something that big." 
Ok…it clearly states on the MLS listing that my house is 3200 square feet.  Hello.  Please note the size of my home before you make me clean for 5 hours for  you to come walk through…only to say it is too much space.   I could scream out loud right now!


Saturday a friend from Boise asked if I would watch her kids while she and her husband went out to dinner with family.  Her and her husband have three kids and he eight year old Miles has been diabetic since he was three.  Sound familiar?
These two had a great time comparing hardware.  It was hilarious to hear them check blood sugars together and share numbers and adjustment amounts.  Pretty funny stuff that only the mother of a diabetic would laugh at.

Speaking of Carter…he is officially a shark.  He has two rows of teeth at the moment.

Steve tried to pull the baby tooth last week, but it wouldn't come out.  
"Keep wiggling" was his solution, but if it doesn't come out soon, Steve will numb him up at the office and yank it.  Good times.

My daughter is a diva and came upstairs with this delightful morning face yesterday before breakfast.
How can I just not laugh out loud???
Morning are hard when your are four.

Last but not least…Carter finally got to eat something in this ginormous bowl.  This much cereal is out for diabetic reasons…but soup works great.  He finished about half and declared his defeat.
Love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment