Tuesday, February 23, 2016

favorite

My most favorite room in my home (other than the pantry, kitchen, laundry room and bathtub- yes, my bathtub counts as its own room) is my office.  It doubles as a piano room and has a secret door that leads to a closet housing all our movies, photo albums, printer and such.  It currently also houses boxes and boxes of pictures that need to be hung on our empty walls...but getting those out would require effort.  I'm giving myself until summer to hang pictures.  But back to my office and why it's my favorite.

The office has a 6x7 foot window which sits 18 inches off the floor and covers the majority of the front wall.  This room is bathed in natural light.  It's actually the only room on the main floor that gets direct sunlight other than the tiny bit of sunlight in the evening that streams into the dining room.   This will change in the summer as our house is tipped at a 45 angle on our lot.  We will get more sunlight into the back of the house come long summer days and their endless sunsets.  

It's cold in February and the light that streams into my office from the low winter sun is my favorite. I often sit in the office to eat lunch just for the warmth.  I even laid on the warm carpet like a cat last Sunday morning.  I rolled up my sleeves and pjs bottoms trying to absorb some vitamin D.   Its either this or a tanning booth.  (Winter Blues get me every time.)

I love this window and its enormity.  My builder teased me a bit mocking my huge window and called it straight out of the 70's.  So what if it's huge?  So what if I can't afford to put a blind on it? S o what if it's going to be a massive pain to wash?  So what if the entire neighborhood can see right into my house?  I love love love it.   ...and I promise, no one will ever catch me walking around naked in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment