Carter came to the door this afternoon with a guilty conscience.
He knew he was supposed to stay out of the mud in the front yard.
"But Mom...he double dog dared me!"
What is it with boys and the all consuming power of the double dog dare?
I think in the morning I will double dog dare Carter to clean up the toys in the basement. I wonder if it will have the same effect coming from me.
(Secretly, I laughed my head off. The flecks of mud on his face were priceless. And the fact that he and Colby chose mud as their disobedience medium of choice instead of the wet cement next door made me pretty happy too.)
Here is Carter with his newest partner (aka double dog dare boy) in crime. This little buddy moved in next door a few months ago and he and Carter have been attached at the hip ever since.
It's pretty great.
I'm loving it because Carter can play his guts out and still be close to home...and a blood sugar monitor...and juice- just in case.
Carter is loving it...because who else is willing to give him a free ride on a big wheels?
(Carter has never been know for his self propelling abilities.)
Seriously?
How could I not include this?
The kid got two two two wrong picks in one.
1. Snow shovel in April.
2. Well...do I really need to spell it out?
Last but not least, I must formally proclaim that this is hands down the best invention known to mankind! It's right up there with the washing machine and soda dispenser.
I do not know how I lived without it for the past 17 driving years.
I have been living in the dark ages.
My life as a driver and a mother will never be the same. I'm living the dream people...living the dream.
Mud. How can any boy resist?! Great shot of the hands!
ReplyDeleteJill...
ReplyDeletethis is NOT to say that your blog isn't looking fabulous, but I did want to let you know that I know a little bit about working on blogs, if you have questions or you want help or assistance with any part or get frustrated a long the way. Just a thought. You wouldn't know from my blog's lack of beauty, but whatev.
Katy