I spent the morning with my spouse yesterday. Got a babysitter, did my hair and even wore my cute red shoes. Too bad sitting in a dental chair next to your husband does not officially count as a date. (kind of like going to the temple...doesn't count in my "date" book.)
Steve did some pretty sweet work on my mouth. He took out two old restorations and prepped them for onlays. Which, as I found out yesterday, are lab made composite fillings that supposedly will look super snazzy. Only the best for my soda drinking mouth. Steve likes to make my mouth pretty. It's only a matter of time until he demands whitening.
If only I didn't have Saylor in my lap half the appointment. If only I hadn't seen the nub of a tooth I had left before the temporary was placed. If only I hadn't been in tears the last hour of the appointment because my weak temperamental jaw decided it was done being open and choose to scream with pain. (You'ld think it would be used to so that kind of treatment figuring I talk so dang much.)
Nothing quite like crying at the dentist.
And...because my jaw was so DONE being open, Dr. Steve was not able to properly polish the temporaries the way he would have liked, so now I have two extremely jagged teeth in my mouth. It's pleasant.
Because of my defective jaw, I have not been able to chew real food for the last 24 hours. In theory, a diet of milk shakes and frozen yogurt sounds great. But, I've learned I actually like to chew food. It's fun to chew. And...I'm done with the sugar rush.
(I wonder if this is how those poor old Eskimo women who wore their teeth out softening hides felt. Too bad they didn't have the luxury of Wendy's or Kiwi Loco. They just starved to death.)
My jaw is finally feeling better tonight and I've moved on to soft foods such as pad thai from Taste of Thai and cheesecake. Not a bad combo, especially when the cheesecake is smothered in chocolate ganashe. It's also been nice to have my dentist at my beck and call to run and get me whatever I've "needed"- because frozen yogurt is a need.
Steve has promised me that Monday he will polish the jagged temporaries and properly fix my bite so I won't have a high side anymore. (IF my jaw is up to the torture) He's also promised he will force me to take a muscle relaxer before I come in to have the onlays placed.
I secretly believe it is for his comfort and not mine.
I am hands down his worst patient. Good thing he loves me.
See now you know why I dont go to ANY dentist!! If you had fake long hair Jill it would've been considered a date!!
ReplyDelete