Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm trying something new

If you are reading this you have ventured over to my new blog. I've wanted to switch things up for a while now, but just haven't had the time. Not that I have the time now...I'm just neglecting my home, children, and the cookies for my husband's "break the fast" with his deacons quorum tomorrow. Let's pray none of the above three burn.

I've been coveting the wider margins of so many other blogs and finally ventured into the world of "edit Html" and figured it out. It's a blooming miracle. Along with wider margins (oh joy) this blog will also not be private- at least for a while. I'm going to test the public waters. If I get any crazy stalkers I will switch back over to private. (aka I'm really too lazy to re invite everyone to a private blog. tsk tsk) Another thing is that I REALLY want to be able to post larger pictures, but haven't been able to figure that out yet. My current files are huge if I don't use Picasa. I think I will have to make them smaller with my camera to begin with. So much technology...so little brain cells to figure it all out.

To kick off this new blog location, I have to share a hypothetical story.

Hypothetically, if you are going to give your three daughters the "If you don't stop fighting in the car, you are going to get out and run" punishment...make sure that your sister and brother in law are not driving right behind you without your knowledge. Also make sure they do not see your daughters- pigtails blowing in the wind- running down the road and stop to see why they are by themselves miles away from home. Also hypothetically, make sure your sister and her husband do not "kidnap" your daughters and drive them the half mile up the road to where you are waiting for them to arrive on their own accord. It would also be best if you sister and her husband are not driving a new van so you do not know it is them that pulled over, opened the van door and let your daughters in...all the while you are thinking and slightly panicking, "Why are my girls getting into that van?"

Because...after your sister and your brother in law drive up to you and drop off your daughters you will feel pretty sheepish- but grateful all the same that it wasn't a stranger that stopped and asked why your girls were running down a road by themselves...that or a police officer.

Hypothetically speaking.

And just for the record...if this did ever happen...your sister and her husband would laugh for hours on end the rest of the evening about how your girls when asked if they learned their lesson answered, "Thank goodness we have them!"

3 comments:

  1. #1. Love the new and improved blog.
    #2. Especially love the title and am chapped that I did not come up with it first.
    #3. I despise not living in the same town as you!
    #4. I am dying over your hypothetical story. Way to ruin amazing parenting skills.
    #4. I need to use the "You kids are driving me nuts, get out and run for 1/2 mile." Simply genius! (Aunt Ellen used to use it and her kids turned out great!)
    #5. The plan would work, you live 2 hours away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I'm so glad you went public so your posts will update in google reader. I forget about my list of private blogs too much.

    We had our saline start on the Ping with Miles yesterday. (The omnipod didn't work out.) Greg and I are already loving it though. We go live with insulin next week. YAY!

    ReplyDelete