Well, it's official. I'm going private...again.
If you had an invite to my previous blog, bank on getting an invite to the new one. I'm just planning on going down the invite roll and repeating it. However, if by some chance you found this blog in the whole week and a half I had it public and are DYING to keep reading, by all means leave a comment and I'll invite ya.
(Or, if you just feel like raising my blog self esteem...leave a comment then too. It will make me feel loved.)
I'm guessing I'll be private by the end of the week...but no promises. I've been trying to fix my blog roll for week now and still haven't finished it. So take the week deadline with a grain of salt.
To let you know what caliber of writing you will be missing if you don't get an invite to my "elite" blog, here are a few thoughts/lessons/randomness I mulled over in my overtired under stimulated brain today.
- A lunch with girlfriends is NOT negotiable. Unless you have children on the brink of hospitalization, you should not skip out. (ok...maybe the hospitalization part is a slight exaggeration. I'll change that to having any communicable illness.) Thanks girls. You are all wonderful!!!!! I laughed so hard today my face was flushed for hours afterwards. ...and next time I won't try to weasel my way out of it with nothing but a dirty house for an excuse.
- Food labels that say things like "Serving size: 1.5 oz. approx 1/4 cup" drive me batty. That's why the digital food scale sitting on my kitchen counter is my new diabetes best friend. Take that bag of peanut M&M's. Oh...I mean...whole grain bread with organic peanut butter on the side. (side note: To the people who make Gold Fish crackers- Thank you, thank you for having a specific serving size of 55 crackers. It made life before my digital food scale so much easier. I will be forever loyal. But please don't be surprised if I weigh your smiling fish...just to make sure.)
- I've found that only clean sheets get peed on. Is it the Kirkland Signature fresh scent that makes my small child's bladder relax with excitement? Or, is it the Downy fresh softness? (small child's name will remain secret to protect the dignity of guilty bladder) Either way, I'm getting a little tired of washing sheets and remaking beds. I've even tested out my clean sheet theory by letting the unnamed child sleep on a sleeping bag for a few nights. The bag...left dry. The clean sheets...peed on every time. Thank goodness for extra thick mattress pads and washing machines.
- I apparently know nothing about the cost/worth/price tags of diaper bags or bags large enough to pass for one. I need a new one. The one I have is over two years old and is showing its age. The bottom has holes and the inside has that lovely crumb layer that only diaper bags collect. I have had years of cheap bags with torn linings or broken zippers and I'm sick of owning junk. I found new bag that I was ready to purchase until I looked at the price tag. YIKES! I went tonight to find something similar in size, shape and style...but could find nothing. It was either junk, or priced the same as the bag I originally wanted. I would pull my "ask the saleslady for a discount" routine...but I only use that in towns I don't live in. (how embarrassing) I'm thinking I have three options. 1. Wait for it to go on sale, which is not likely. 2. Forget about the bag entirely and just be grateful the crumb layer in my current bag hasn't gotten wet. 3. Take up a collection. I will call it: Take pity on a pathetic ungrateful mother and buy her a bag already fund. Any takers?
- There is nothing quite like telling your children...as they are walking into your bathroom...that you are in the bathroom and that they need to not come in...but they come in anyway. I've got to start using my locks. (duh...isn't that why they are there in the first place?)
- Turkey, swiss and sprouts on bagels with apple slices on the side make for an awesome Tuesday night dinner. And, it didn't even take 30 minutes. Take that Rachel Ray! ...unless you are Colby, then you just got leftover Costco pizza.
Well, sounds like I need to start re-inviting myself to lunches! I even showered and everything yesterday, I could have made quite the entrance! Sorry you are going private, loved getting your updates in my reader, but I supposed I will still read!
ReplyDeleteNoooooo...don't go private!! Well, ok if you must. I sure do love the updates in google reader though. :) What creep is stalking ya?
ReplyDeletePS- I totally keep telling myself that I NEED a scale! Seriously! That would be GENIUS.
you crack me up! Just about every day...so definatly keep me on the invite list!
ReplyDeleteI think i'm going to start my own tuesday lunch group with a fun group of girls! Any takers?? oh wait i dont know anyone....and the people I do know is only thanks to you!! The diaper bag issue....... I say go for it!!! Just do it I mean you are only gonna have 1 cute sweet girl spoil her and yourself!! Or let me know what bag it is and maybe I could see if I know someone that can hook you up!!
ReplyDelete