Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Ahh, Mothers Day.  
The day us women get to celebrate being a mother by ignoring our children.
(ok...not really...but the nap I had today while my children ran wild was awesome.)

 Carter and Colby woke me up first thing this morning holding little jewelry boxes.  
These boys are being trained well.  
To my future daughter-in-laws...  You're welcome. 

It was a beautiful Mother's Day.
I was spoiled and covered in gifts. 

The kids were even good in church.  They all actually sang in sacrament meeting instead of staring blankly like in past years.   Too bad it went down hill when  Colby was taken out by Steve during the closing son of  "Love at Home"
...I laughed at the irony.

I was pampered, given a nap, and was even able to choose all the meals...wait a minute, I do that everyday.

Of all my gifts, my favorite were the hand written, hand made ones from school.
Andrew's rocked.

His Mother's Day Creative Writing went something like this...

Mom I Love You
Outstanding
Terrific
Heroic (which at first glance I thought said Horrific...oops)
Excellent
Restless

I took a picture to prove the Restless part.  (still laughing about it)

I'm not quite sure what he means by this, but I'm taking it as...hardworking.
I think I will help him with his R words for next year.  
Ravishing or Radiant might work...except Radiant is kind of like the pig in Charlotte's Web.  
Never mind. 


This is the next favorite thing Andrew gave me.  It was coupon book for good deeds and chores.
Every page that included a chore had a #1 by the number of times the chore would be done, except this page.
 I love the fact that the #1 was changed to a #50 and then changed to "all."

Sorry Andrew... not pets.



Here is proof that I was spoiled rotten this Mother's Day.

Thank you boys for all your gifts, attention and love.
I am the luckiest mother on earth.

And Carter...your hand print is priceless.  I will love it forever.  
(Thank you for being young and naive enough to think it will be cool for me to hang it in my closet.)



No comments:

Post a Comment