Monday, August 9, 2010

In order of importance

Carter started riding his bike without training wheels this week.
Those of you who might scoff at a this, thinking to yourself..."well my child rode his/her bike at a much younger age than 6 1/2", please kindly remember that Carter has half of my genetics.  I didn't ride a bike until I was eight.   According to my frame of reference, he is gifted.


Each day this week has started with early morning pj rides and finished off with rides into the sunset.
He is all smiles.




Colby has blossomed into this articulate (I use this term loosely) grown up tiny little person.
The things that come out of his mouth make me laugh daily.
It's hilarious to have such a "grown up" attitude spew out of such a little boy.
(He is four...even though he looks like he is 2 1/2.  The 5th percentile for height isn't very tall)
This gem of a video cracks me up.
Enjoy.

Lastly...and of least importance today...can I just say that my kids must have decided to be the most embarrassing in Sacrament meeting.  I feel it is a conspiracy to make my life miserable...and slightly more funny. 
Two examples:

1.  I wouldn't let Colby touch a piece of bread and then put it back in the Sacrament tray.  You touch it...you eat it.   Unfortunately I didn't understand his dilemma and had to listen to him for the next ten minutes cry (loudly) about how he didn't like crust.  Yes...I took him out of the chapel.  I'd rather be embarrassed in the hall where people can't see me.

2.  Carter had a boogie problem yesterday.  And he wasn't quiet about it either.  Apparently this problem was too slimy, and couldn't be remedied with the normal socially acceptable means of removal.
No...it had be be taken care of manually.  And then of course,Colby saw and wanted to join in the fun.
Their fingers were so far up their noses...the 'sharp tooth snail' was probably being gagged.
I'm really glad we sat on the back row.

2 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome Carter has no training wheels! Way to go! I saw a 2-yr-old riding w/out training wheels and thought, "Oh yeah, I should probably have Brax try that." It honestly had never occured to me:( And I love your darling "clone". Lastly, I empathize w/your sacrament charades----they announced our car's plate# from the pulpit because the alarm was going off & disturbing the other ward's classes. And there sat my precious baby with my car remote's panic button in her teeth..... SIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting for Rylee to ride withour training wheels---Go Carter!!!! So I was trying to remember and didn't they tell you that you were having a boy at first with Saylor? Just wondering if they can be wrong there:) Miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete