Friday, November 12, 2010

Soldiers and Girlfriends

The boys were out of school today so obviously they had to come up with something creative to do.
Playing soldier was the ticket, complete with backpack parachutes.

Got to love the camo pj bottoms paired with color coordinating snow boots.

Carter wasn't quite so lucky with his options of soldier attire.
But he's working it anyway.


Jumping out of planes can actually be done in the front yard...who knew?

With school being out I didn't have to run to the school a million times-it was wonderful.
Staying in my pj's all day was even more wonderful.
However, for being home all day I would think I would get more accomplished.  Nope, apparently not.
I've started or need to start about five projects- one of them is putting up the Christmas trees. 
 (I had a burst of energy that has since left.  Curses.)
I'm realizing why I don't start projects.  I have a difficult time getting them finished.
So at the moment, loose threads are all over my house and the kids, bless their little souls, have asked maybe a hundred time when we are going to put the ornaments on the Christmas trees.
I'm thinking if the ornaments get on by December 15th it will be a miracle.


On a totally different note...no really...totally different, have I mentioned that Steve has a girlfriend?

I'm not too upset because lets face it...
She's wider than me,
louder than me,
and smellier than me.

However, she is a year younger than me. 
I have issues with that.
And...
Steve has definitely spent more on her "bling".

...but do I really want a vanity plate nailed to my arse?
No not really.

Steve is in love.
He is bound and determined to never buy himself another vehicle.

I luckily don't share his sentiment.

To keep his girlfriend running well he is spending a lot of time researching parts and upgrades on the Internet.
Tonight I sarcastically asked him to help out his wife instead of spending time with his girlfriend.
He's now downstairs hanging a picture.
Take that BMPYTRK.
This wife will win every time.

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are hilarious! Love them! So creative! Well and because of all our christmas tree talk I had to go and put one up myself and hear the same questions from my kids!! I'm glad to see that Steve has a girlfriend....its always nice to have something on the side! It's fun to think of what your "bling plate" would be though huh?? I'm not in a creative mood so unfortunately I have no examples for you, but I could imagine it would be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! I love it! I also love the pic's of Saylor and all your projecting and I loved running into you at Costco the other day. What if you come hang out with me and help me project and get up my Christmas tree early and our girls can have graham cracker faces and our boys can play?!

    ReplyDelete