The Dixon family had a sweet opportunity yesterday.
One of the nicest men I have ever known, Glenn Arrington, invited us for a ride in his helicopter.
YAHOO!
(that needed to be added)
I had the pleasure of knowing the Arrington family well when I was a freshman and sophomore in college. They were wonderful then and they are wonderful now.
Obviously.
Originally, the invite was for Andrew and two guests. Andrew invited his best buddy in the whole world, Walker, and his dad. JaNae and her kids drove down from Poky for this crazy fun opportunity.
Who wouldn't really???
The younger Dixon and Johnson crew had strict parental instructions that only Walker and Andrew would be going up, but they could come and see the helicopter.
However, because Glenn nears sainthood, he took ALL OF US up for trips around Twin Falls.
It was an absolute blast.
Better than Disney Land.
The entire Crew
Restrained Jubilation
Not So Restrained Jubilation
My Steve wishing his helicopters were real...
and not just remote control.
Oh yeah, and Saylor Girl.
This was my FAVORITE shot of the entire evening.
Glenn was giving the kids safety instructions. I loved his expressions and how the kids were still like statues listening to him.
I think I might invite Glenn over to my house when I'm having parental difficulties.
I'm happy to report that everyone was on their best behavior and neither JaNae or I have to die from embarrassment because of something our kids said or did.
...this time.
However, after seeing my son's hair in this picture I am shaking my head a little.
Carter, I know you want to be Ron Weasly more than anything, but you really really need a hair cut.
It's getting ridiculous.
The beautiful Whitney.
We waved to Moroni.
The best part, other than flying into the Snake River Canyon and over Shoshone Falls (which by the way was AMAZING. I sat with my mouth hanging open in awe, not able to say anything...and I forgot to take pictures), was flying behind my parent's home. If you look really close, you can see my parents, Colby and Wes waving to us from the back porch.
Thank you so much Glenn for the ride of a lifetime!
My kids talked for HOURS after their ride about what was their favorite part.
Santa will be in trouble this year. He will never be able to top yesterday night!
I can't think of anything cooler right now...so jealous! But I'm glad you all had fun!!!
ReplyDeleteIt. Was. Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteThose Arringtons are the best!
Oh man, you should see Lucy as we read this post. She kept yelling out "Grandpa! Grandpa!" every time she saw his picture, then she'd grin and tilt her head to the side as if to make sure that was him indeed.
ReplyDeleteSo cute. Love the pictures of you all. Glad you had fun!!
Steve was standing pretty proudly next to that helicopter...like it was his and had a little Captain Morgan in him! ha ha lol (ya know the beer commercials, one leg up??) Anyways! Do I get a prize if I see your mom and dad and Colby cause I see em I see em!! What do I win? It was almost as fun as Where's Waldo!
ReplyDeleteJust showed this to my parents and they said to tell you that they loved this post! :)
ReplyDelete