Thursday, March 3, 2011

obsession turned reality turned obsession again

It's really not this bad, but lately it seems this way.
We are feeling a bit cramped.

Nobody wants to sleep in the same room as Saylor so all three boys are sleeping in a 10X10 room.  
And Andrew and Colby take turns sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor.
It's pathetic, but remarkably no one is complaining.
Andrew even melted my heart the other night when he asked Colby in the sweetest way known to mankind whether Colby wanted the bed or the floor.  Colby had gotten hurt and 
Andrew was trying to cheer him up.
It was a proud parent moment.
(They can be rare so I relish them when they happen)


But LUCKILY things will be changing soon.
Our basement is being finished this month and the entire family is giddy-especially me.
Here are a few pictures to document the progress.  
This week the framing and electrical is being done.

Carter and Colby's room.
Their closet is huge.

The bathroom.
I have SWEET plans for the cabinetry.  It is going to be beautiful.

Andrew's room.
The wall in front of the furnace will be extended.


The "extra" room.
It is pretty small to be considered a bedroom, so we will be using it as a storage room.  This shot was taken where the closet will be.  (other side of Andrew's bedroom wall)

I am in heaven and even the sound of hammering and sawing all day long doesn't bug me.
And honestly, there is nothing better than the smell of freshly cut wood...that you know is building a wall.
Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Believe me, I feel your pain. I lived through that for the first year of Lucy's life. Not fun. But the fun part is getting to move in and you guys will all be doing that soon. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete