Sunday, March 6, 2011

On One

Steve was on one this morning and his sarcastic juices were flowing.  Blame the fact he didn't have church meetings so he had to stay home this morning and help; blame the fact that was sore from pretending he had 17 year old muscle tone yesterday at Sun Valley; or blame the lack of caffeine on Fast Sunday...I don't know, but he was in rare form.  It made me laugh.  But, if it hadn't been for my awesome sense of humor I would have chosen to be offended.

For example...

Steve:  Jill, do you want to help me pick out a tie?
Me- as sentimental and sweet as they get:  Ahhh, when was the last time you asked me to pick out your tie?
Steve:  When was the last time you were awake when I put a tie on?

See what I mean?  On One.

When we first got married, Steve informed me he didn't like sarcasm and that he didn't want in in our home.   I informed him that those who don't like sarcasm don't know how to use it.  Well...he learned how in the past 13 years and he's learned well.

He has continued to be on one the rest of the day.  He even put and ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper can in my bed to wake me up from my nap this afternoon.  Cruel.

But I got him.  I made fun of him and his "seven-year-old" lunch today.  What adult out there eats a bologna sandwich with strawberry milk?  I also ate the bottom corner bite of his bunt cake tonight before he could.  It's the bite with the most frosting.  Take that Mr. Sarcastic.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how Bryce has the same kind of lunch as Steve!!! Bryce's lunchbox just gets lined up on the counter in the morning. He has been known to take a PB & Honey sandwich, a little bag of chips, and a star crunch. I wonder what his co-residents think...probably that he has a lazy, lame wife!!!

    ReplyDelete