Tuesday, March 11, 2014

He really did practice.

Andrew is on his 3 (or 4th) year of piano lessons and has participated in Music Festival at CSI every year.   It's no surprise he is getting older and more busy and I won't lie…I don't feel he practices enough.    I'm tired of nagging him to do so and in the past month I've been thinking about pulling him out of lessons.  He will start early morning seminary next year and I have no idea when he is going to have lessons with that in the morning and sports in the afternoon.  (I was also secretly looking forward to not paying the bill every month too.  I'm evil, I know.)

So when he had festival on Saturday morning my expectations were not through the roof. (sorry Andrew…I'm just being honest.)
He practiced his little guts out the week before, but I worried about him performing well.  He's just really busy!

I was trying to be sly and not embarrass him by sneaking in a picture with my phone. 
Cute kid.

I had to walk away from the judging room because my stomach turns in knots with nervousness when he performs.  When he walked out, he smirked at me and told me he got a perfect score.
Being the horrible mother that I am, I asked to see the paper with a sarcastic voice.
The boy wasn't lying!
Yep…perfect score.  
(Please excuse my toes in the picture.  I was pretending it was summer and wearing flip flops.)
While talking to another mom, I found out that his judge wasn't an easy judge either.   

Along with the perfect score, he earned a golden ticket to play on the grand piano on a small stage in one of the concert rooms.
I thought this was his first one, but he admitted he and Carter got one last year but didn't want to play another time!  
What?  Really!
That's what I get for being 9 months pregnant last year at this time.  I missed a lot of important details and bragging rights!  Steve took the boys to their performances last year and I took a nap!

Proof that Andrew did indeed practice.
Nice work Andrew!
(And thanks a lot for forcing my hand in keeping you in piano lessons.)

Other than piano festival, my Saturday was packed with one thing and one thing only.
Science project boards.

They are done…

and done.

One week until the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment