Friday, June 13, 2014

First Week of Summer

It's officially here.  It's summer and were soaking it up like crazy.
My kids' main agenda is play as hard as possible.
My main agenda is keeping the kids to various activities on time and keeping them from watching tv or playing video games.
Steve's main agenda is to go to work everyday and keep our bills paid.  (Dads get the short stick in summer.)

The three oldest have swim team every day (confession we slept in today because it is cold and windy).  Andrew's starts at 7 and Carter and Colby start at 7:45 and they all swim until about 9.  It's tricky getting them all there and back with Saylor and Grady in tow when Grady should still be sleeping.  
Andrew has piano on Monday mornings after swim team, Carter has guitar on Thursday evenings at 5:30 and Colby has violin on Tuesday afternoons at 3:30.  Saylor starter swim lessons and goes Tuesday and Thursday at 2.   Oh…and Andrew needs to mow my parent's lawn once a week.  It's a four hour job so it takes some scheduling.  
…give me a few weeks and we'll get this schedule down pat!

To document our first week of summer here are a mound of pictures compliments my phone. 
(I wonder if I'll ever get out my real camera again.)
Colby tried to practice his back rub skills one night after hearing Grandma Dixon pays cold hard cash.  I'm not sure he's up to snuff yet.

Andrew heroically saved a baby bird from our window well.
The flapping crazed bird freaked him out but he toughened up, grabbed the bird and tossed it up out of the well.   I thought the momma bird was going to croak she was squawking so loud.

Costco is now selling these.
We won't talk about how many boxes ended up in my cart.

I obsessed over paint colors this week.
(way too prematurely)
I pulled all the "griege" colors, even though they all look green in this picture, and picked my favorite one.

Ironically, it is called Wheat Bread.
(silly gluten)
It's just slightly more gray then the color on my walls now.  
I'll stew and obsess on it more I'm sure.

Grady tried to stand in the saddle…crazy kid.

I baked gluten free cheese bread. 
Delicious.

The best part of the week????
 Our cousins Wes and AJ came over yesterday afternoon to play in our sprinklers!

 Boys + water + heat + summer = fun.

Lots and lots of fun.

I learned my lesson from summers past though - Johnson boys tend to burn in the hot Idaho sun.
I creamed Wes up like no other. 
No burned Johnsons on my watch anymore!

Bathing beauty #1.

Bathing beauty #2.
(He learned his lesson.  Petunias grow back easier than lilies.  Don't pull my lily blooms off or I will force you to take a girly picture!)

Last but not least…we are just trashy enough in the summer to let our baby walk around without shoes at Home Depot.
Pretty nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment