Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm glad May is over and looking forward to June

May seems to always be insane.  I think every weekend this past month was filled to the brim.  I'm looking forward to June, but I secretly know it will be even busier with all five kids home all day, its our turn to clean the office again, swim team starts up today, family reunions begin and…I'm desperately trying to keep my house clean enough to show if needed.  (The last one is stressing me out.  I'm trying to get over it and let the house be messy.  It's not working very well.)
Some of the highlights from our last week in May are as follows.

Andrew had his piano recital.
He play one solo piece and then was part of quartet which popped and blew up balloons during their performance.  It was pretty great.  

A few days later, Colby had his violin recital.  He also had a solo piece and then was part of a large group number.  He's doing great and I'm proud of him and Andrew for their hard work!

Carter pulled out his own loose premolar and then promptly accidentally dropped it down the sink.
Oops!
This is the note he left the Tooth Fairy in hopes she would be nice enough to get the tooth herself down the bathroom drain.  She left him $$$ but I'm not sure is she fished for the tooth…and I'm not willing to fish myself to find out.  

Caught this picture one morning before school.  I'm glad at least Colby knows where to find clean clothes if his dresser is empty.

Saylor also had a few wardrobe malfunctions.

Steve new BMPYTRK finally finally showed up at our doorstep.
It was shipped from North Dakota and took it's sweet puppy time getting here.
Steve had been a little off lately and his mood has been sub par (I'm saying this in the nicest way possible.)  The morning after his car arrived he kissed the kids and told them he loved them.  I've come to the conclusion that Land Cruisers to Steve are like Diet Pepsi to me.  Steve is not a happy camper without a Land Cruiser in our garage.  I will keep this in mind for the future.

All the kids were excited to have the car here and take it for a spin.
I drove it around the neighborhood and gunned the engine probably a little too much…just needed to show Steve's new girlfriend who is boss around here.  ;)

Grady learned to eat with a fork this week.  I would smash a little muffin on the fork and he would feed himself the bite.  He was SO proud of himself.

Cute little bug.




No comments:

Post a Comment