Friday, June 27, 2014

Sumer Thunderstorm

About every two or three years we get a really really good thunderstorm.
Yesterday we got a whopper.
In a matter of minutes our street was completely full of water.  I was looking for animals lining up two by two the water rose so fast.  I must admit, it made me really nervous to see the water start creeping up our driveway.  Basement window wells and water do not mix.

My flowers by my water chain took a beating too.
I hope the poor things recover.

Luckily the rain stopped after about 10- 15 minutes and the kids went out to play.
It would be shameful to waste such good deep puddles.

 The water was deep and cold. 
The boys were ecstatic.  Saylor had fallen asleep on the couch and missed the whole thing.  So sad.

The poor UPS delivery man had to drive right through it to make a delivery.

The kids enjoyed the wake that ensued.
Colby even took pity on the poor UPS guy and delivered a few packages on our neighbors doorstep so the delivery man wouldn't have to wade ankle deep.

Andrew showing me how deep the water was.

The boys then to the bikes out.  

Other than the wet nasty laundry, I love when my kids get to be kids and play crazy like in our own front yard.  Baring any true house flooding, I love summer storms.
Just as fast as the water came, it drained and was gone.
We have a chance of storms again this afternoon.  I'll cross my fingers that its a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment