Obviously I've been watching too many BBC shows on netflix so my title is a tad bit dramatic. That being said, two of our fish died this week. The first fishy victim was one of Carter's albino catfish. Carter found him dead one morning before school. He was so sad! Then today, one of Steve's tiger barbs was swimming on it side and turning somersaults trying to fight the current of the filter in our big tank. They are dropping like flies I tell 'ya. He made a quick trip to the garbage can.
Steve thinks he may have overdosed the big tank with algae-fix that we were using to kill the algae bloom. The algae is taken care of and so are the fish! Two more of our tiger barbs were swimming funny, so Andrew put them in a "sick" tank all by themselves and Steve is currently changing the water in the big tank. They are hoping the fish will recover from their accidental poisoning.
I'm really glad I don't have a running total for how much $$$ has gone into our fish tanks in the past three months. I'm also really glad I don't know how many hours have gone into fish care either. I might gag if I did. Andrew has been researching how to care for sick fish and now wants us to buy special aquarium salts to treat a possible bacterial infection. Oh Brother.
To make matters worse, I went down into the boys' room this morning and smelled "FISH"…yuck. I always said if I could smell the tank, the tank was gone. I think my kids' hearts would be broken if I got rid of the tanks now though. But…if everyone came home one afternoon and the tanks were just gone, who would be the wiser??? Anybody want three tanks and about 18 fish (give or take…a few might die in the night)?
If you have to clean the fish tank such an awful boring chore.
If you have to clean the fish tank 'stead of going to the store.
If you have to clean the fish tank, and you throw it out the door…
Maybe they won't make you clean the fish tank anymore.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment