Friday, June 19, 2015

comings and goings

This week started out with me driving to Utah with my friend Megan to drop off our boys in Provo for BYU sports camp.
Barrett, Andrew and Michael.
Andrew was tired…hence the really excited face.

Andrew got to experience college life as he stayed in the dorms and ate at the BYU all you can eat cafeteria.  He might starve when he gets home this week.  The meals here have been sub-par.
I have to admit I was nervous to leave him, but happy he can experience this kind of summer fun.
He comes home tonight and I can't wait to hear all the details of swim camp.  I talked to him on the phone last night and heard about a slightly creepy stalker girl that kept asking him to eat with her.  I find this hilarious.

Colby had an interesting day on Tuesday.   I took him to Jerome for a bone density scan as the correct software for the scan isn't available in Twin. (Who knew Jerome was so amazing?)   Here Colby is showing his best "MOM" face as he was ticked I was taking a picture of him in his huge gown. 

Ready to go.

Strapped in for his close up.
 Colby's hips and back were scanned while he had his feet pinned to this crazy device. He was a trooper and kept his smile going for the entire procedure.  
I unofficially talked to our personal radiologist (Steve's brother Michael) and he explained that Colby's bones are indeed less dense than they should be.  We meet with Colby's bone doctor next week and will discuss options which I'm sure will include a trip to the endocrinologist for testing.  I guess its good we are tight with an endocrinologist.  (Oh brother.)


We are moving out of our house in three weeks.
I've been busy not packing quite yet, but going through every closet and drawer cleaning out so when we do officially pack, it should be quick and painless as possible.
I took this picture the other night of my flowers. This porch has been the ultimate flower growing porch.  Its protected and gets just the right amount of sun and heat for optimum flower blooms.  I hope the next owner loves this porch as much as I have.  I will be sad to leave my flowers this summer and am hoping to see all my day lilies bloom before I leave.  They have gone crazy this year and I've been excited to see their blooms all spring.

While cleaning out boxes I found this gem of Steve as a kindergartner.
Yes…we cloned the female version of him.
Saylor, you are definitely your father's daughter (with your mothers feisty attitude).


Grady couldn't let me not take a picture of him.
Side note:  this boy hates clothes.  I can get him dressed every morning, but after naps the clothing comes off.  He's usually naked just in a diaper most evenings.  I'm surprisingly totally ok with it.  Whatever keeps him happy at this point.
And the forehead roadrash?  Thats compliments of the carpeted walls in nursery.  Falling off a chair and hitting carpeted walls can be hazardous to your health. 

I also found these gems in my cleaning out frenzy.
My brother Jon and his cross country fan club, and then my sister Jolyn at a high school dance with Steve's brother Ben.  Cute stuff.

Found this picture...

and this one too.
This one is my favorite.
Steve and a Mexico sunset.

Have to add this picture for my own selfish purposes.
We are finalizing our house plans.
(kind of seems like a dream)

And it would be a shame not to include this screen shot of Steve's direct Instagram message to Andrew after we hadn't heard from him for a few days while he was away.
Andrew might murder me for posting it.

Took this one this morning.
I have a porch sitter.  He just hangs out (half naked) most morning while I water flowers.
(I will really miss our front porch.
Good thing our new back porch will more than make up for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment