The packing continues at our house. Oh the packing.
But one of the first things to be moved was our basketball hoop. This thing is insanely heavy and it took four adults and a pully thingy (I don't remember what its real name is) to get it onto our little trailer. Then…driving behind Steve's car driving super slow to my parents house was
pretty hilarious.
You know, because an accord pulling a trailer isn't hilarious enough so lets just add a basketball hoop to it. I wasn't sure if I should feel trashy or proud seeing this drive down the road.
It took the help of my dad's four wheeler to get it off the trailer and placed in its new home. I think it might stay there forever. Its too hard to move!
So as the story goes, we are moving in with my very gracious parents until our house is built. The kids all have stars in their eyes and Grandpa's four wheeler adds that extra sparkle. My parents house and the fun there rates right up next to Disney.
There is even a roller coaster!
Dad "tricked" us into picking peas with him after the basketball hoop was properly in place. I think my kids are going to be tricked into lots of things the next six months. Ha ha!
My newest pea lover.
Grandpa rides are the best.
No really, they are! You should see how fast they zoom down the lane. It kind of makes me nervous, but the smiles on their faces is all worth it!
Did I mention the packing.
We have a lot of junk.
Other than getting ready to move, this past week has been getting us into the regular schedule.
Swim team drives to the pool can feel a little early for a certain diva!
Colby had a fun day last week.
His old cast was taken off in preparation for his water proof cast!
The skinny broken arm uncasted.
I cant explain enough the anxiety I felt seeing this thing without the protection of a cast. I was for certain it would bend back into the horrible form it was three weeks ago. I'm a silly overprotective mom as always.
I couldn't be happier when his arm was properly wrapped up again.
Summer is saved! Hurray for waterproof casts!
It wouldn't be me without documenting the house project.
Here is a rough rendering of our new home. The gray will be darker and (if it isn't too much extra) the blue door will be lighter and less turquoise.
I've been playing with color on a few websites and I really love this blue I found from Sherwin Williams.
I'm crossing my fingers I can use it somewhere in my house…like in the mud room on my lockers!
No comments:
Post a Comment