I really should write about things right after they happen, but lets face it…how often does that happen??
So this might not be as exciting a post as it would have been last week, but hey, at least I'm trying.
I'm trying ok?!
Last Saturday was my 20th high school reunion.
I'm not sure when I got old enough for this to happen.
Saturday afternoon was a tour of the high school. It was a little strange walking through. It smelled the same but seemed much smaller and the ceilings seemed lower. I find this fact a little weird figuring I did not grow any taller since high school.
The best part of the reunion was meeting up with a friend that I haven't seen in 15 years.
Jade was at the tour and we had a great time catching up.
(I didn't mean to dress in school colors, but I in fact wore true blue and white. I must have been feeling loyal.)
I found my locker too. I can't remember what year it was my locker, but that's beside the point.
Saturday night was a dinner at the Stonehouse. Jade graciously agreed to be my date. Her husband couldn't make it and Steve was still on his way home from scout camp.
After dinner a time capsule was opened that included letters that we wrote to ourselves to be opened at our reunion. My friends Jamee Windsor and Stacey Guess and I were apparently too cool to write letters to ourselves, so we wrote letters to each other. It was beyond hilarious to read them I think I will cherish them forever.
In the time capsule was also a banner we all signed on the night of our graduation.
Jamee and I wrote our names HUGE!!
We got laughing pretty hard about the whole thing.
Really bad picture, but this is Jade, me, Jamee and Stacey.
I'm so lucky to have rubbed shoulders with these women. They were amazing friends who helped me get through the craziness of being a teenager.
Jade and I with a few photo bombers.
Thank you Jade for being my hot date!!
No comments:
Post a Comment