Monday, March 7, 2016

Marathon Eater

Grady has a few quirks, one of them being his eating habits.  Grady marathon eats in the morning...as in at least four different breakfasts.  And here it is at 10:15 am and he's eaten two large bowls of yogurt and a large helping of corn chips.  That's after he ate two pieces of toast, a granola bar and some cereal earlier this morning.  
Most of the time I'm completely annoyed with his demand for more food.  I'm just trying to get the kitchen clean...is that so much to ask for?
But today, I had a thought.  When Colby was two, he wouldn't eat.  He was skinny and tiny and I worried every day that he wasn't getting enough calories.  One nasty cold landed him in the hospital and I swear it was related to his malnourishment.  Trust me...doctors say a child won't starve themselves but I know different.  Yes. They Will.  No matter what I tried, Colby refused to eat.  
So my feelings today about Grady's eating habits have changed from annoyance to gratitude.  Eat up Grady.  Eat up!

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I understand this. Emmett has got to be one of the pickiest eaters alive. I no longer judge parents of picky eaters and shame on me for ever doing so. Does he eat better now?

    ReplyDelete