Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh So Glamorous

I don't lead a glamorous life.  Far from it.
In fact, a picture is worth a thousand words here...



(This one is my favorite...notice where the toilet paper roll is.)

But deep inside of me there is a glamorous person SCREAMING to get out...SCREAMING.
To keep her at bay, and from making a scene in public, I tend to have a few things around the house that are girly and fabulous such as...

They help a lot.

And, today I did something that made my glamor heart strings sing with joy. 
(and it didn't even cost a penny)
I cleaned my closet.

...it is even color coded.
I feel like a movie star.

I got rid of all my maternity and other clothes I know I'm not going to wear again.  Then,  I hung up my old "skinny" clothes even though I'm not quite in them yet- for motivational purposes.

I have three large bags to give to the DI, or as Carter says, "the memory stealer store."
Hurray!

Also, for the record, I am not a great "do it yourselfer".  
But I did do this.
I found some jewelry holders at Pottery Barn and decided I could make them for WAY cheaper.
These cost me all but four dollars.

 They are hanging in my oh so glamorous organized girly closet.



6 comments:

  1. Sorry this comment is just me!

    You are oh so glam. That closet looks awesome. Pigs would feel uncomfortable in mine. It is that messy. Unfortunately I can't blame it on anyone else, although I am sure it is someone else's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post!!! I so feel the same way! I just organized my closet too and I feel like a new woman:) It is on my "to-do-list" to make a jewerly holder and I love what you did: Share your secrets! Where did you get your supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are soo hilarious! I love ya to death!!!
    I sooooo missed yesterday, I almost booted hallie out the door throwing up just to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya sista. loud and clear. oh to have the glamorous lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the jewelry hangers-darling idea. Thanks again to Pottery Barn for their amazing designers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will seriously pay you to make me three of those jewelry holders. Identical. If you you think I'm kidding, ask me. I'm so not. Name your price (within reason) and I'll pay it. And, we need to schedule Saylor's pics. I so cannot wait. She's umm....adorable.

    ReplyDelete