I've used the term "hell has frozen over" before. But to be more exact this morning, let me say that the deepest darkest part of hell where Hades himself sits on his fiery throne is enjoying an Arctic ice storm. In fact, Hades is wearing earmuffs.
Why???
Because...we now own a cat.
It's my sisters fault. I was at TJ Maxx looking for pirate sheets for her. (We do this for one another...go to TJ Maxx and check out deals. It's usually very therapeutic...and does not involve CATS!)
If it wasn't for my sister (who is older I might add...yeah, I know that was a cheap shot), I wouldn't have been at the TJ Maxx parking lot with my husband and children when a stray kitten darted out in front of us.
I could have let the kitten live it's (most likely short) parking lot life without a second glance, but my husband and his deep compassionate eyes bore holes into my soul...and for one tiny itsy bitsy moment I felt bad for the stray kitty.
I should have kept my eyes shut.
I know better than to look at Steve when he is trying to convince me to do something with those deep dark puppy dog eyes.
(That's how he got me to marry him. I'm a schmuck-really I am.)
Anyhoo....we ended up taking the stray dirty kitty to the shelter.
And then to our own detriment, we let the kids walk around the shelter and look at the animals. I wish I could blame that on my sister too, but she had nothing to do with it.
It seems a little heartless now, but we didn't buy the stray dirty kitty, we found a nice clean one that was already fixed and ready to take home.
(that was my decision...they stray one was WAY too hairy...and this one was cuter)
So...here is Gary II.
She is named after my sister's stray cat who lives in the gully behind her house.
I should have named her JaNae, seeing it was JaNae's fault we have her and all.
Look real deep into Andrew's eyes in this picture.
It's a mix of love, adoration and the knowledge that he convinced (aka swindled) his mother into getting him a cat.
I'm warning all girls that will know Andrew during his teenage years right here and now.
LOOK AWAY FROM THE DARK POOLS, LOOK AWAY!
They are genetic, they have power over women, and they can get whatever they want!
As for me and Gary II, we are learning to tolerate each other.
She now understands she belongs outside or in the garage and I understand I should never wear tassle pjs in her presence.
Ha ha ha ha well first I thought that was Steve in his pj's but a couple things made me think different.
ReplyDelete1st: I'm sure he has khaki pj's
2nd: Um steve doesnt have boobs...good thing too!
So funny not to mention the anxiety that your kitty is causing my poor dog and the wear on the carpet and flooring as she races from one end of the house to the other to see where this "replacement" kitty has gone! she's already tried to committ suicide cuz she's not the favorite anymore! Can I blame that on your sister?? Thanks Janae!! LOL just kidding!