I was cleaning the boys' bathtub this afternoon when Steve came in to say goodbye before going back to the office. He smiled and thanked me for being so hardworking.
He called me hardworking.
He made my day.
(I would have jumped up and hugged him, but my hands were wet and covered in comet.)
I would rather be called hardworking over pretty, skinny, a fabulous cook...anything.
I have this innate fear that Steve thinks I'm lazy. I know he doesn't, but I'm always worried that he does. I'm afraid he thinks I sit at home eating chocolate and watching soap operas all day.
(the chocolate...yes, the soap operas no- too sleazy)
I apologize many nights out of the week over the house not being clean or dinner not being quite ready. Not because Steve expects them to be, but because I want them to be.
My expectations are higher than his.
He's a saint. (I've said this before, but I mean it.)
Thanks for the hardworking comment today Steve.
I needed it.
I am so glad he made your day! We have a great mother taught us to work hard...eventually we learned to love it!
ReplyDeleteI however would love being called skinny. For me, it would trump hard-working any day of the week. Although, in all fairness, I am very hard-working when it comes to feeding my face. I have some sweet pigging out skills. Pass the Chocolate PLEASE. (Not to mention, Impeccable manners!)
P.S. I am still waiting for your candy pictures. Put down the comet, and go vegetate in front of your computer dang it! You know your house will be like mine and be messed up in 10 seconds flat. Priorities....GEESH!
You must have been wearing Khaki's and a Polo! That's the only time "Real" hardwork is being done! He is a great example of hardwork and has created a great path for you to follow him on!! Ha ha ha sorry Steve I swear one day I will get over the Khaki's and Polo's .... til then, bear with me!!
ReplyDelete