Yesterday:
-Summer homework is really no fun.
(We're about two weeks behind)
-I'm avoiding the holiday rush and decided I wanted my Christmas in August.
sneak peak #1
sneak peak #2
I love Christmas.
I think I need to make gingerbread cookies or toffee to finish off the holiday feeling.
-taking pictures of a moving target is not easy.
especially if that moving target bites.
-I decided to be a 'fun' parent and let my kids do something crafty.
(ok...fine...Steve set up the paint stuff while I took a nap. But I bought the stuff - it counts)
The leftover Christmas boxes came in handy.
(it's a shame that 'o' looks a little like an 'a')
And because of my friend's sweet knife skills ( I think she belonged to a gang in Boise...its the inner city you know), the boys have these awesome forts.
(They slept in them last night. It was kind of creepy)
Maybe Christmas should come again next week in the form of boxes big enough to hold new couches. Then my kids could have their own cardboard shanty town in the back yard!
Today:
-cleaned bathrooms.
-changed sheets.
-had fantasy about having to buy a new washer and dryer while mopping up gigantic puddle from my current washer.
Good thing the dirty sheets from five different beds were on the laundry room floor and soaked up most of the water.
Double good thing the leak was only from the drain hose that had been knocked out of place by an unnamed spouse of mine. But wait a minute...doesn't a new washer and dryer come in a large cardboard box? We have leftover paint...we could always use another fort!
I think Santa is out of cash and can't come back until next year. Bummer.
-Steve had to buy a new ladder to hang one of my Christmas presents.
There is a huge story behind the ladder-table-clock thing. It turned into a 'high level discussion' last night. Good thing our 'high level discussions' usually result in laughter.
-it's five pm and I'm still in my pjs.
Saylor is not. She's pooped through two outfits today. (and her bedding)
I need to find a better diaper.
Huggies- out. Loves- out. Pampers you are next.
-wishing Cafe Rio delivered.
Tomorrow:
-getting the kids ready for church by myself again. Steve's 6 am meetings are not only hard on him.
-teaching my usual Sunday school class. Let's pray the 16 year olds are kind to me. (unlike last week...last time I ever make them rolls)
-hoping to get an afternoon nap and make cookies...in no particular order.
UM...I do have pretty sweet knife skills!! Be afraid...be very afraid!! Ha ha lol! I cant say no to your kids!! They are too cute and if I cant say no to yours then i cant say no to mine....dang it!! I'm glad Christmas came early to your house....you guys deserve it!! You are such great friends and fantastic neighbors we couldnt be more blessed to have moved next door...REALLY!! I told Jas tonight...maybe we should buy this house!! So we will see!!
ReplyDeleteyou are SO funny. Why don't we hang out more? Wanna come over?
ReplyDeleteOkay I know i am about 3 months late on this one but try target diapers. That is what I use with Cman and I love em. Way cheaper than the others but still work great for his booty.
ReplyDelete