I'm finding life completely overwhelming.
I have about a million things to accomplish everyday and only enough time to finish about a half a million.
Do I think I have more on my plate than any other mother?
Nope...not at all.
I just don't understand how everyone else makes it look so easy!
To further explain how I feel...here are a few pictures.
(Taken like three weeks ago. The camera hasn't seen the light of day in a while.)
This is how I would like things to be.
Neat, smiley, put together...happy.
This is more how we are rolling.
Disorder all around.
I'm coming to grips that my life, for a while, will be just one big project in different states of disarray-depending on the day.
Such as:
Colby has had the worse case of pink eye I have ever seen. Goopy doesn't even describe it.
He now also has croup.
However, he is the toughest kid I have ever seen...even when he is coughing his guts out and running a fever.
I have three callings at the moment. I'm only actually doing one of them well.
Whatever.
Carter's blood sugar is doing something it has never done before. It's going low at night...ok, and and during the day too. It's keeping me on my toes.
This would be easier if he wasn't in school all day.
I worry...a lot.
5th grade homework is way more time consuming than 4th grade.
(Happy about this one. Andrew needs a little fire under his seat)
We have cut out swimming for a while so Andrew can just concentrate on school. I have also made the executive decision that I won't be putting Andrew in piano lessons this year. I don't have time to fit in one more activity and the mental capacity to nag him to practice.
My question is...how in the world do moms have their kids in sports, scouts and music...and still find time for homework...dinner...family time...and a decent bedtime?
My dad's tomatoes are ripe.
BLAST!
I will hopefully be canning salsa the next few days.
I secretly wish I could say "Uncle! Uncle"...but the salsa is just that good!
I need a good salsa canning recipe if you're willing to share. And I hope you know I think you're a great mom. Sometimes I wonder how I'll ever do it with more than one kid. We'll see!
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought I was going crazy! You really are supermom, even if you don't think so. I can't believe how blonde Carter is! he's adorable. Good luck with life, you're doing a great job so far.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! If anyone can do it...YOU CAN!
ReplyDeletehey jill, i hate to disillusion you but you're one of the ones that make it look easy, with all your grace and grit you're pretty amazing. loves
ReplyDeletep.s. such cute pics
Cormac hit it on the head, Girl. All of us are seeing you do great things. I totally get that feeling though. I always feel like I'm in a state of catching up. Don't worry though, I'll be putting aside all the stuff that I'm not accomplishing to make salsa tomorrow too. =) We're in this together. =)
ReplyDelete