I've perfected the art of pizza making-at least the way my family likes it.
It requires a pizza stone, crust from scratch and a 425 degree oven.
It's considered a "regular" at our house, mostly because my kids don't complain when I make it.
Tonight I desired a non-complaining dinner, so pizza is what we had.
It was a great end to a lazy Sunday.
And speaking of dinner and other meals, I'm sadly realizing how my entire world revolves around them. I'm either thinking of what to make, making it or cleaning it up.
And I wonder why I am obsessed with food.
For example, after church today I made the kiddos pancakes....then I cleaned up the pancakes, syrup and sausage mess.
I then whipped up a batch of cupcakes (more about this in a minute), cleaned up the batch of cupcakes, got Saylor down for a nap and then took a nap myself.
...two and a half hours later, (it was a really good nap) I got out of bed and realized I needed to start dinner.
Two hours later...blah blah blah...dinner has been made, eaten and then cleaned up.
I need another nap.
I also need a personal chef...but I'd take a personal dishwasher instead.
Ok... the cupcakes.
My latest baking kick has been cupcakes. (Yes, it took me less than two weeks to move on from pies. Why? Because my family doesn't eat pies, they just sat in the fridge wasting. I'm considering the Pie Issue conquered...for the time being. -On to smaller and better things.) In the last three days I have make multiple batches of cupcakes (its embarrassing to admit how many) trying to get the recipe just right. Most of these semi-homemade confections have ended up in the trash but I'm proud to say I have perfected a delicious chocolate peanut butter cupcake along with a to die for-doesn't require frosting-vanilla variety. I'm secretly wishing I could sell these original recipes for big money- to finish my basement of course- but I'm sadly realistic that this is just a dream.
But the dream is really really tasty.
In between making meals and cupcakes today, other things have happened too.
Such as...the never ending burp dilemma at the dinner table.
I pray my boys perfect the "silent burp" before their missions.
How embarrassing.
Also, Steve and I have discovered the perfect child repellent. We should patent the idea and make even more money to finish our basement. If we want our children to scatter like Virginia cockroaches in the light...we just have to show public displays of affection. It's awesome.
Tonight we danced and then Steve smooched me in the kitchen.
The kids were G-O-N-E gone...screaming and gagging as they sprinted away.
I remember my parents doing the same thing when I was little.
Us siblings would scream the word "Diarrhea" and then run like mad.
But I also remember being super happy my parents liked each other, it made me feel safe.
It's great to gross out my children...and make them feel secure at the same time.
(but more emphasis on the gross out part)
Lastly for the evening, I'm stewing on the plan to "finish" the only finished room in the basement, our family room. I think it needs to be my November-December project. You know...because those months aren't busy at all. (enter eye roll here) I'm feeling the need to have a real family room down there and not just a room filled with newly-wed apartmenty furniture cast offs that who cares if our four year old jumps on and leaves cheerio crumbs in.
It's giving my brain something to stew about...besides cupcakes and dinner.
I like your pizza...I miss your pizza...I need your pizza making tips and recipe!!! Loves
ReplyDeleteum..that pizza looks yummy! Just so you know how "The Taylors" like their pizza, we are simple! Cheese, pepperoni, or Hawaiin....just saying! Just in case you make too much dough and need to make an extra one! Oh and I even have a pizza stone I could let you borrow to cook it on for us! wink wink! Sure missed you guys over the weekend!
ReplyDeleteYour pizza looks great! MMM. I worked the local pizza joint in High School, so I think I make awesome pizza; not sure others agree. BTW, I just purchased a curling brush for Miss Darby! Why didn't I think of that before?!!! It makes life so much easier (and less painful). Thanks Jill:)
ReplyDelete