Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day, Second Birthday Cake and Chocolate

I only remember one or two snow days in my entire childhood education here in Twin Falls.
For there to be a snow day declared, there has to be the perfect amount of snow and wind...and the planets have to align...and pigs have to fly...and you get the idea.
Snow days in Twin are RARE.

And we had one today.
It's been great.

It has practically been a blizzard most of the day and there is no way any of us are going to leave the house.  Except for Steve because after all his patients canceled for the day, he came home and took Andrew to the doctor for a raging case of croup.  Fun Fun.

So if we weren't sick (again) and if it wasn't so blasted cold and windy, I firmly believe the boys would be outside participating in the ultimate WT sledding extravaganza like they did Saturday.
Here are pictures to prove it.

The field behind our house makes the perfect sledding course.


Colby was smart and stayed in the warm truck.

 And Saylor didn't miss out either.
(I hesitate to even post this picture because it proves what delinquent parents we are.  In our defense, it's not like Steve was driving on any roads or over five miles an hour.)
Check our the matching expressions on father and daughter.
Nuts!  My daughter is going to want to drive this vehicle.


And for my sisters, here are the pictures I promised of Saylor's official birthday party.


The color is off...but you get the idea.  
Her rainbow cake actually worked out!

s
 There was no hesitation, Saylor knew exactly what to do.
Two cakes?  I have set the standard for her birthdays way too high.

Last but not least, I've had questions about the kind of chocolate I use at Christmas time to make candy.
This is it- all 10 pounds of it.
It's worth every penny. 
Trust me.
It can be found at Swensens here in Twin and I know Orson Gigi sells it in Salt Lake.
Now that I have mine already, feel free to go pick some up!

4 comments:

  1. Love the cake! And Saylor's expression in the front seat with Steve is priceless. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Saturday looked so fun! I do have to say Im so glad I wasnt home cause I had tons of fun and probably shared Saylor's expression, but over SLC shopping!!! Her cake is adorable...you are so fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is INSANE to see these pictures. It is 85 degrees and we are sweating to death. I forget that the rest of the world lives in real seasons. We only get hot, hotter, and even hotter here. We miss the snow!!! What fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all so jealous of the two kiddos behind the bmpytrk :) We used to do that behind my parents car on a private lane and we would try to knock each other off. I look back thinking how crazy we were, but I now see that if the Dixons are doing it, it must be safe! I love it and next time...invite us along!

    ReplyDelete