#1
I get a lot of magazines lately. Who knows why really.
I throw most of them in the trash because they make me want to buy stuff.
Today was no exception.
Today I received my first American Girl Doll magazine since I've had Saylor.
It was intoxicating.
My daughter turns one on Thursday and I already want to buy me a doll for her.
Yes, I typed that correctly.
I want to buy ME a doll for HER.
(This of course is in addition to the Madame Alexander baby girl doll with darling brown hair at the Imagination Station that is going out of business. It's 25% off. Shouldn't I just buy it???)
Tonight, I must shamefully admit that I got on the American Girl Doll website and "designed my own"...oh I mean Saylor's own doll. It has dark brown eyes with brown hair...and I picked out a cute red dress to go with her. I passed on the glasses (Salor has a grandpa and uncle who are optometrists- she will wear contacts) and headgear accessories, but I did take a second look at the ski outfit. It even came with a helmet for safety! I think Steve will not roll his eyes as much if the doll is wearing a ski outfit. And did I mention you can buy pj's for your daughter that match her dolls pj's??
This company is sick.
As am I.
My only saving grace is that my husband has his own toy intoxications.
I showed him my doll...and he showed me his RC Land Cruiser.
I wonder if the RC Land Cruiser could come with matching licence plates to his real Land Cruiser.
Then he and his RC Cruiser could go for a drive in the real Cruiser with me and my (oh I mean Saylor's) doll wearing matching pj's.
We would be so cool.
#2
Blog invite etiquette.
I am the biggest hypocrite ever, but I hate private blogs.
Because...I am a stalker.
How do you email someone you barely know and tell them you want an invite to their blog that is soon to go private without seeming really creepy?
"Um...hello...you dont' know me or remember me...but you were friends with my siblings, or we may have gone to the same elementary school, or I saw you once in the grocery store or I had a crush on your husband in middle school...and I stalk your blog without you knowing. Or, I found your blog off a friends blog roll and I like to read your blog because I find you...funny...ridiculous...inspiring....I want to gossip about you with my sisters...you know something like that.
But don't worry I'm not crazy or anything...I just want an invite to your blog so I can continue to stalk you."
Is it ok to leave a comment like that along with my email?
Just curious.
You do know that "stalking and doll fetish" both come from the genetics of the Walker side.
ReplyDeleteI invited you to mine didn't I? You make me laugh:)
ReplyDeleteOh, who isn't a blog stalker to some degree? I have let a few blogs go away because I didn't have the courage to email them and confess my stalkerish ways...but recently I actually stepped up and confessed. And you know what? I got invited. Woohoo. She may think I'm a weirdo but I'm sure she blog stalks too. lol
ReplyDeleteI've done the same with the American Dolls for Samie! They are adorable and if I knew at the age of 8 1/2 that she was still going to love dolls I would've bought it for her! So I say BUY IT!!! The blog stalking? It's cool everyone needs a stalker in their life! I dont have one yet but am taking applications for one! I would choose you!!! lol!
ReplyDelete