Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Carter is 8 and that is great!

Our Carter Dean is eight today!
What could be better than turning eight?

Here's how we celebrated today...

Opened presents at 7 am before school.

Some of us were happy with Carter getting Legos and money...some of us were not.

I didn't get pictures of Carter at lunch, but he chose to celebrate in his own way by having hot lunch.  The school served pigs-in-a-blanket and he was overjoyed.
Steve had a break in patients so we went out to lunch with the two youngest kiddos in Carter's honor.
(seems sneaky, but life is sometimes that way)

Here is our "gluten is gross" face.
...except for the kid who ate an entire cheese pizza.

This is Saylor's "this is my daddy" face.
The salad at Carino's was delicious, the fish was sub par and overpriced.  We won't make that mistake again.

I tried to celebrate Carter's birth by taking a nap on my couch, but my brain wouldn't turn off. 
 Dang brain.

At 2:30 I brought treats to Carter's class.  
The Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies were well received and Carter's teacher, Mrs. Adams, is a saintly woman.

Later tonight Colby and Saylor went to Grandma's, Andrew went to swim team, and the rest of us went to Outback for Carter's birthday dinner.  He had the sirloin steak and fries...and one of Steve's baby back ribs.

I had a salad and a grilled chicken sandwich...without the bun.  And if you think that cheesy bacon piece of meat stayed on my plate you are poorly mistaken.  It was delicious, and way cheaper than the fish earlier in the day.
(disclaimer:  I do not remember the last time we went out to eat two times in one day.  There are only two places in Twin I am comfortable eating out at, and today we hit both.   Celiac has drastically cut down our eating out, and today we threw caution and money to the wind for a change.   My stomach has been full and my dishwasher is still empty.  It's a wonderful thing.)

Carter's last official request was Kiwi Loco for dessert.
We obliged him.

Happy 8th Birthday Carter!
We love you to pieces!

Tomorrow...you get cake at Grandma Dixon's.  
Did you really think we would only celebrate you for one day?  Nonsense!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Carter! I thought about coming to Twin Falls today since Spencer is gone, but hopefully for Halloween I will be there! Let me know when Carter's baptism is...we would love to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Carter! Man, he is looking so grown up...and that face Colby is pulling??? That made for a really good belly laugh. :) Sorry your brain wouldn't turn off. Of course that happens when you actually have time to take a nap!!

    ReplyDelete