Like: We are all over the stomach flu and Saylor didn't get it...yet.
Dislike: This was the longest lasting stomach bug I have ever seen. We've felt the effects of the virus for days and Carter's blood sugar still is not back to normal 10 days out.
Like: Saylor's obsession with her belly button. She plays with it constantly. I think it's soothing to her like hair twirling or thumb sucking would be to a normal child. She is going to have an outie for sure.
Dislike: How this girl can't eat anything without making a royal mess. She is worse than all three boys put together. This mess compliments of Nutella...to which I was recently educated of the pronunciation "nu-tella" not "noo-tella".
Like: Friends who love me enough to educate me on the proper pronunciation of chocolaty ground-up hazelnuts.
Like: Labels like these ones. They do my heart and other insides good.
Dislike: Realizing that I truly can't eat at Cafe Rio ever again. My brother and I tried eating tostadas. It was a bad idea. We both got sick.
Like: The amazing possibilities of empty cardboard boxes. This one became a fort.
Dislike: Hearing #3 and #4 children fighting over and over again over the same empty cardboard boxes.
Really Dislike: Having to apologize to your children for throwing a massive mommy tantrum (many factors led up to it, but the box was the final straw) over kids fighting yet again over empty cardboard boxes. The boxes were smashed and thrown into the garage and a few naughty words were said in the process of the tantrum.
Um...not quite sure whether this is a like or dislike: Steve's birthday present to himself. He sold another RC car to buy it so I can't be mad over the cash. My only questions was why he ordered the baby poop green one. Apparently RC Land cruisers only come in baby poop green. The kids are already planning the accessories they are going to add to this car. Yes...they sell accessories for RC cars. I told Steve today he stares at the car like I stare at a new pair of shoes. (Piperlime and I have had a lot of face time lately.)
Like: My girl's aptitude and desire to drive RC cars. Her and her daddy have bonding time over all things RC. She calls the baby poop green land cruiser "mine".
Dislike: Little boys on ladders. He already has a cast, does he need another broken limb?
Another dislike: Summer Gadget camp leftovers of film canister, alkeselser tablets, and the knowledge to blow the film canister onto the roof- hence the need for the ladder. And the police wonder where kids these days learn how to make dry ice bombs. I know where.
Dislike: When your diabetic child has a blood sugar like this. Note the time of day on that baby.
Detest: When you retest just to make sure it wasn't a mistake and you get the word HI...meaning too high to register on this $20 blood glucose meter.
Loathe: Laying awake for hours afterward worrying that your HI child is going into ketoacidosis because of your lack of ability to control post stomach flu blood sugars. He went to a birthday party early in the evening. Even with a reduced basal of 80% Steve and I could not keep him above 100. He had two cans of juice, ice cream, cake, and starbursts to keep him above 80. He went to bed at 120. Six hours later he was HI. I loathe the stomach flu.
Love: Spending 2 hours at the temple for youth baptisms.
Relief: Having my Stake Leadership training meeting over. I taught ward leaders about how to teach Young Women virtue and chastity.
Having Carter's ketone strip come back negative for ketones this morning.
Happiness: Knowing that I'm leaving town with four girlfriends for the weekend next Friday.
Contentment: The Costco size bag of Hot Tamales in my kitchen cupboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment