Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dams in Oregon Can Only Get You in Trouble

On the way home Monday afternoon, the Seattle visiting crew made a pit stop at the McNary Dam in Oregon.  We had high hopes that we could see fish traveling through the dam.  The fish were non-existent and the boys were a little disappointed.  We were only four months too late in the season.

But the stop wasn't a total loss.  The grounds were beautiful, the boys posed for pictures...and the dam had the best cleanest bathrooms I had seen in a long time.  

Grandpa and his boys.

Running down the stairs.

Handsome Carter

HOWEVER...visiting a dam often times does crazy things to normally clean-mouthed citizens.
The word "dam" rolled off our tongues as if we were raised on an eastern Idaho dairy farm.  (sorry Mom)
My innocent Carter took to the word like a non diabetic in a frosting factory.
Because it's ok to say "dam" when you are at one, and...if you clearly state that the word you are saying is not spelled with an "n" at the end.

Quotes that might have been said by me, my father and my son (I'm going to hell.  ...but not the "hell"  used in an expletive per say, but more as in "hell" that you find in the scriptures.  It's ok to say it if it is in the scriptures.  Rationalize Rationalize Rationalize):

"Look Mom, there are the dam stairs!"
"I see a dam leaf on the ground!"
"Lets go use the dam bathroom"
"That's where the dam fish swim upstream"
"If you look down there, you can see the dam workers."
"Get in the car, its in the dam parking lot."
"Open the dam door!"
"I love this dam vacation!"

And there were many many others.

My only regret?  That there wasn't a dam gift shop so I could buy Carter a dam shirt that read, "My parents went to Oregon on vacation, and I all I got was this dam shirt!"
(we're classy people)

1 comment:

  1. "Where I can get some DAM bait?" :) Best line in Vegas Vacation. Love it.

    ReplyDelete