Sunday, November 20, 2011

We're ready...almost.

As part of their Christmas this year, Steve took the boys to the Twin Falls ski swap at CSI and purchased each of them their very own pair of skis...for practically nothing.  They also each got a new helmet, because if they ski anything like their father, they will have way too much fun and need helmets.

 We spent some of the afternoon going through coats, gloves and ski pants to make sure each child was outfitted for the winter.  Having three boys in a row comes in handy as Carter and Colby were mostly handed down ski clothes from older brothers.  (wonderful)  Even Saylor got a red coat and bib set that Colby wore when we has two.  It was a Virginia outlet store purchase from many years ago and it still looks new.  

The boys are dying at the prospect of skiing this next weekend as Pomerelle opens on Wednesday.
We are unfortunately short just a few items of being slope ready.  Each of the boys need better socks, Andrew and Carter need boots (Steve is working EBay), and Andrew needs different goggles that he can wear with his helmet.  

However, I am far from being ready to ski this year.  Because of birthing, nursing and taking care of very small children, I have not skied in years...years.  My boots and skis are from high school and my coat and pants aren't much newer.  Granted, I'm not wearing anything neon like Steve did twenty years ago, but what I have is pretty bad.

So...Steve took me to the ski swap too and picked out some sweet boots.  We then looked at the womens skis and asked the advice of one of the salesmen.   He asked what type of skier I was and I replied honestly...groomed runs, no jumping or moguls.   He recommend a pair of skis and I was suckered in by the ridiculously low price.  Almost criminal for new skis.  We bought them and then looked them up on the internet to see what we really purchased. 

Um...we bought me junior skis.  I should have known because they are named...
Andrew has been teasing me because I'm going to be skiing on little girl skis.   
Whatever, they are still WAY nicer than anything I have ever owned.  If you see me on the slopes, please don't make fun of my preteen skis.  They were cheap.

And I'll probably hand them down to this little chick.  Here she is bouncing and doing her best moves on my skis.  She acts like she is one of the boys and has wanted to try on boots and skis all weekend.  Steve wants to buy her little skis that strap onto her snow boots and take her up a few afternoons this year, just to get her started.  I think she would love it.

Long story short?  If you can't get ahold of us on a weekend this winter, we're not home...were on the slopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment