I realized this morning, much to my dismay, that yesterday night might have been an end of an era. It just might have been our last night trick or treating as a family. Andrew was reluctant to dress up and go out with us. He finally did, but he wavered. He's getting too old to be young, but he's still too young to be old. My heart aches over him growing out of a childhood tradition. I'm so grateful that if last night was truly our last "family" Halloween, that we went out with a bang. My mom slaved over vests, skirts. head bands and arm bands. I hot glued a few fingers finishing the hairy helmets. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it.
So forgive me as I post too many pictures to count of our Viking Good Halloween!
How in the world did my mom find the perfect color of yarn for this boy's hair?
My most favorite viking of all time.
Hey...where is your mustache?
Your cuteness makes up for your hairlessness.
Adorable.
Even more adorable from the back.
The non-reluctant crew.
Finally, he decided to join in.
Love him.
Our best scary faces. Yeah...Carter could never be scary.
Little Miss checking out my bling.
Perfect Saylor face.
The two black beards...oh I mean mustaches.
The girly girls.
One of us was reluctant to hug a viking. I think he was ready to use that axe.
The Dixon Four.
Oh, there is your mustache! Red, just like you requested.
(And please kindly note the arm band made to go over a very large cast. This viking has a great tailor.)
Just when you thought we were the only vikings out there!
Nope, my mom and my sister in law Cara made costumes for my brother's family too.
Us Walker clans stick together!
AWESOME!! You guys look so great. I'm glad Andrew decided to hang in there at least one more year. :)
ReplyDeleteyour costumes are so fun!! I need to be cool like you guys and get my family in gear with a family theme. mayyyybe next year.
ReplyDeleteSo I caught up on your blog tonight. I have thought about you lots and your gluten stuff. I think about jo too. what a pain!! and sometimes I think- there is a lot not gluten. but really? there is not enough. SO- no cafe rio? thats gotta be hard. do you make the sweet pork at home? (or do you even like the sweet pork? ) and what about Prsai Thai's druken noodles? or do you like those? they are rice noodles :) anyway, I think about you.I know it doesn't make it any easier but I hope you start to feel better!