"The Night of the Mouse" is how it will forever be known in years to come. The boys, too scared by a small quivering rodent, spent the night on the couch because, and I quote, "We don't like the mouse looking at us!" The mouse is now dead somewhere as he was seen eating the mouse bait, but my children might never be the same.
The couch, I hear, was comfy.
And, it was really easy to get the kids out of their beds and on the couch for scripture reading the next morning.
Last night, there were no mice, but the kids all brought home their report cards. I was pleased with good grades all around. I called Steve and told him we needed to celebrate...by me not making dinner. Hurray! Steve brought home Cafe Rio.
We were all happy except for Saylor, but who knows why.
Andrew had all A's with only one B. But that B was really close to an A- I looked up the score.
His math teacher ever wrote in her comments, "Dependable/Works Hard". As a parent, I'm grateful for positive feedback.
Colby is rocking kindergarten.
I had to laugh because he lost points on writing one of his letters- capital B. Um...the boy is writing with his left hand. I'm letting this one slide. His teacher Mrs. Roy wrote, "I sure enjoy having you in class...you make me smile. I don't know many 5 year olds who can print with either hand!! Be careful, no more broken bones for you. Great progress. Keep up the good work."
Carter did great as well. He had mostly A's with two B's. I looked up their numerical score too, they were almost A's. Figuring the boy spends tons of his time checking his own blood sugar and giving himself insulin, he is a straight A kid to me!
His darling teacher Mrs. Smith wrote, "Having Carter in my class just makes my day! His enthusiasm is a joy to watch. He has worked hard this quarter. Nice job!"
Even without a report card, I know this little girl is golden. I can't describe how much I have enjoyed her. She is a joy everyday.
We took some time away from her favorite pastime of watching Dora to read some books.
The photography books I have made for her are her favorite.
I love seeing her pour over pictures of herself and her family.
And I love her little feet too.
"My naked bum Mom!"
The boys and baby SaySay.
Please notice she is looking at her tummy while poking her own tummy.
I love you Saylor!
No comments:
Post a Comment