Monday, January 30, 2012

quick journal entry- because I don't have time to be witty

Steve and I spent the weekend in Portland.  Our flight from Boise had us gone early Thursday morning and we came back Saturday afternoon.  This was a business trip where dental companies paid for us to visit  in hopes that we would sell our first born and extra organs to pay for the equipment to fill our future office.  It was really fun.  The kids were farmed out at both grandmas and therefore Steve and I were by ourselves.  The last trip we took like this was three years ago to Vegas, another dental meeting.  

The kids did great, there were no diabetic emergencies, and Steve and I ate our way through a weekend of dental sales pitches.  These people feed you in order to dull your senses so you will buy stuff.  I think it worked.  I don't know what a cruise is like, but this had to be somewhere close.  I won't even expound on the amount of bacon I ate.  And...I didn't get sick once.  (Except for the Reece's candy bar I ate on the drive home without reading the ingredients.  Dang Reece's.)

I love getting away with my spouse.  It makes me remember why I like him so much.  He is just fun to be with- comfortable and easy.  (and he likes bacon too.)

I appreciate two sets of grandparents who are willing to watch our children so we can get away.  I know they stop their own lives for us, and I am forever grateful.

I am not grateful, however, for my childrens' attitude since we have been back.  I'm having to put them through Mommy Boot Camp, that and a big fat reality check.  Just because I missed you all doesn't mean I'm going to put up with your nonsense.  I love you, but quit your blasted whining!

Due to the long fun weekend, I am now being punished by the harsh reality that is Monday morning.  Colby had a Dr. appointment for his arm at 8am, Carter's blood sugar has been high all morning, Saylor is driving me batty with her demands, I had to go to the grocery store (a feat in itself), I am behind on my house, laundry, calling and everything else, AND to top it all off- my neighbor informed me that a house two doors down is now on the city's narcotic list and is under watch.  I'm supposed to call if I see anything suspicious.  Awesome. 

Welcome home.  You are officially being punished for having a good time! 

1 comment:

  1. Awe....wish I knew you were flying in and out if Boise...we were there and would've loved to meet up for maybe some cheesecake factory!! Communication girlie!!

    ReplyDelete