We tried really hard to get a decent anniversary picture.
It was our 14th on the 12th.
But it's hard to get a good picture when an eight year old is behind the camera.
First it was fuzzy.
Then we were mauled by the other three offspring.
The eleven year old gave it a whirl, and didn't do much better.
I name this picture, "Just look at the parents faces."
Anyone could take one look at this picture and know that the parents are old, tired and sick of having little people crawling around insect-like on thier laps.
Can we just go on our date now?
We went to the resturaunt, sat down and exclaimed to eachother that we were too exausted to talk.
It was a little pathetic.
As are our faces in these pictures.
To end our date on a "high" note, we went to the stake center and helped chaperone the stake dance. It is part of my calling to do so. We sat in the hall, guarding one of the back doors, (that was our duty) and laughed about how nothing has changed since we went to stake dances.
For instance:
There was one lonely small boy walking the halls by himself way too early in the evening.
It smelled like BO and the Macy's perfume counter.
Girls still walk the halls in small gaggles whispering and playing with their hair.
"Cotton-eye Joe" was heard as was Journey.
Ahh...it was interesting visiting our youth.
We are really grateful we don't have to relive it, just watch our poor kids go through it.
But back to the anniversary-
I do love this man and am so grateful I married him 14 short years ago.
He is wonderul, loving, kind, thoughtful, and even smart enough to bring home silver earrings when he has some appoligizing to do.
I'm pretty happy I found him.
(even if he did pull the cheesiest face ever in the above picture)
happy anniversary! I love your hang dog expressions its exhausting being a parent i can only imagine the tiredness that comes with four. but they are beautiful
ReplyDelete