Sunday, February 19, 2012

When the cat's away...

Yesterday I went with two of my friends to Boise for a day of eating and shopping. It's a pretty good way to spend a Saturday if you ask me.
Steve was gracious enough to let me get away and held down the fort while I was gone.  
Now, Saturdays for the kids spent with me are vastly different thanSaturdays spent with Steve.  My Saturdays include cleaning, vegetables and chores; Saturdays with Steve are all out party days...Steve is definitely the fun parent.  
To keep me informed on the home front progress, Steve texted me pictures of what the kiddos were up to on their "Mom is Gone Sta-cation" extravaganza.
Playing in the sheds at Home Depot or Lowe's...I forget which.  
All those boring man stores are the same to me.
(Just noticed the tag on the shed.  It was Lowe's.)

 Lunch with the Wards at McDonald's. 
Please note the Happy Meals.  I never buy Happy Meals.  These kids are S-P-O-I-L-E-D!

Saylor and Jada at their own table having big-girl discussions about their toy bears.

Now really...what mother doesn't love to see this?  I could hear her teeth rotting all the way from Boise. 
After lunch at McDonald's, the boys had the Ward's over to play and THEN went to Golden Corral (ick) with Grandma and Grandpa Dixon and THEN went to a movie. 
Seriously, I can't compete with that kind of excitement.

So to let my family know what kind of fun I was having...
 I sent this picture back to Steve and told him I had spent all his money.
Payback with phones can be really fun.

 I did find the chairs I want in my office one day.  

 ...and I thought the price might make Steve sweat a little.  
He didn't...he knows I'm too practical.   Dang practicality.

I also thought the kids might be jealous of my dinner.  No sandwich, nothing healthy...just fries, a drink and a frosty.  Gluten free does not always mean healthy.
Sadly, I was informed this evening that Golden Corral now has a chocolate fountain.  I realize the frosty for dinner did not have the jealousy effect on my sugar filled children that I thought it would.
I'm going to have to try harder next time to trump the "Mom is Gone, We're with the Dream Maker" fun-fest.   I might have to go to a water park.

***********

 I forgot to post pictures of Colby's new cast from this Wednesday. 
It had been five weeks since his accident, so it was time to reevaluate the cast situation.  I took Colby to the Dr's office and had his red cast cut open.  The Dr. cut it just enough to keep it on, but make it removable.  We then traveled to a different office to have Colby's arm x-rayed without the cast.  After the x-ray was taken, we slapped the cast back on, wrapped it up and traveled back to the original Dr's office to determine if he needed a new cast or just a splint.  Colby loved getting his cast cut off and laughed the entire time that the saw was giving him a massage.  Funny kid.

 His bones weren't healed quite enough so Colbsters got a new cast for another next two weeks.  He chose blue and orange stripes in honor of Boise State.  I think this is his favorite cast.  I really hope it is his last. I also hope he doesn't need physical therapy.  

**********
Why would I post this picture?
Because I went 10 days without this machine working.  It was torture.
I have a new appreciation for a dryer that works.  It is pure joy to have hot dry towels in your own home.
I think I owe my mom $40 for her gas bill.  She dried all my laundry while my dryer was broken.  Carter told me I needed to get a clothes line. 
My mother is an angel.  Carter is not.

2 comments:

  1. Really?? Blue and Orange? Oh Colby we couldn't be more proud of him for choosing the right!! Love that kid!! Glad you had another successful money spending trip to Boise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Saylor knows a good dentist, right? :) Glad you got a day out. You deserve it! And maybe one of those chairs too? Hey, you can always dream. Or just be happy your dryer works. It's the little things.

    ReplyDelete